Today's 90 minutes of frustration.....

hit the nail on the head gaz,........feckin exeter??????

Well exactly. They were poor but we were totally toothless up front. I know the wind didn't help, i know we had the spine taken out of our team with injuries, but we had more than enough chances to easily win it. Kuqi's confidence seems to be through the floor at the moment (did he storm off down the tunnel after being subbed?). Dickov was right about us not getting enough crosses into the box - as good as Scapuzzi might be on the ball, he's got to stop attempting to walk it into the 6 yard box.

On the plus side Cisak had another great game (the double save he made in the first half was superb), we'll do well to hold onto him. Tarky had another great game, so hopefully we can forget about Clarke and save ourselves a wage. Lee was as consistent as ever. Fingers crossed Simpson's fit for Monday cos we really run out of ideas up front when he's not playing.

Nailed it!

That game was never going to be one for the purists, as soon as I got out of my car and nearly got blown over on B&Q car park I felt it was going to be one of those frustrating afternoons.

Given we had no Furman and then lost Wes and Simmo during the game I thought we applied ourselves as best we could. Going it 0-0 at HT I felt like we'd blown our chance a bit and prepared for a barrage second half with Exeter playing with the vicious wind but in fact we were by far the better side and should have won. A bit of composure on the ball by Parker and Taylor and we'dn have ran out comfortable winners. Think I'd have been far more upset if we'd have created little.

Kuqi is a worry for me. He was marginally better today, pestering their defence into mistakes a few times but he's clearly low on confidence in the box. Tarky was head and shoulders MOM and I thought Adiyemi put in a great shift, upped his game and linked up well despite losing Wes. Cisak is turning out to be a revelation too with a couple of outstanding stops - the one at the end I was right behind in line with the Exeter player and thought it was a goal for certain. Morais had his best game for a while too.

Agree about Scapuzzi. No heart in the lad and can't do :censored: all with his left foot. Sorry lad, you need two good feet to play at the top level.

So, quite a few positives given the conditions. Just hope our key players, Furman, Weselowski and Simpson are back in time for Chesterfield and beyond or we could see ourselvs getting dragged right into the relegation scrap like the Death Star tractor beam.

we failed yet again to play the conditions....just like we did the other week when it was blowing a gale....instead of making our passing precise we always seem to want to lump it in the air...

kuqi needs a rest,end of hes knackered....confidence shot to pieces...if were not gonna bring clarke in i would be looking for another striker to come in and play along simpson...

parkers been out for a while so needs games to get back into it...scappuzzis off the boil as well,in recent weeks he has been fine and made good passes and got into good positions....

just a shame we couldnt squuze a goal in yesterday,if thats the start of our 6 week defining season were knackered....lose to chesterfield next week n seasons over...

Well exactly. They were poor but we were totally toothless up front. I know the wind didn't help, i know we had the spine taken out of our team with injuries, but we had more than enough chances to easily win it. Kuqi's confidence seems to be through the floor at the moment (did he storm off down the tunnel after being subbed?). Dickov was right about us not getting enough crosses into the box - as good as Scapuzzi might be on the ball, he's got to stop attempting to walk it into the 6 yard box.

On the plus side Cisak had another great game (the double save he made in the first half was superb), we'll do well to hold onto him. Tarky had another great game, so hopefully we can forget about Clarke and save ourselves a wage. Lee was as consistent as ever. Fingers crossed Simpson's fit for Monday cos we really run out of ideas up front when he's not playing.

He got a 2 year contract when we signed him, unfortunately when that contract expires he'll be 24 so can move for nowt.

Massively unfair that.

Perhaps, he wasn't poor but he didn't stand out to me. It was a very frustrating game though so i may have skipped over his good plays. I'v been fairly pleased with him over the last few games where he's been playing out of position.

As for the Clarke deal someone mentioned above, i don't think we need him back, if Diamond isn't going to be out very long Tarkowski is more than adequate as a back up.

I don't buy all this "If we lose Monday our seasons over!"

If we lose, our season just begins again for us - because if we don't get our heads on and put some points on the board, then a relegation scrap is just around the corner.

I think some mean the season is over if Latics don't reach Wembley in respect that interest will be lost and crowds will dwindle.

Edited by BP1960

For doing all the hard work Taylor did winning the ball back on their box and running it in, ALL HE HAD TO DO was slip it across 5 yards to Smith for a tap in..........his ego takes over and he goes for a shot.

In hindsight he should have passed it but as a forward if you have a chance at a shot on goal you take it. If he hit the target it was in. More down to a poor finish than an Ego surely?

Or have I just stepped into a Taylor hunt?

For doing all the hard work Taylor did winning the ball back on their box and running it in, ALL HE HAD TO DO was slip it across 5 yards to Smith for a tap in..........his ego takes over and he goes for a shot.

Don't blame Taylor for that. Taylor from an acute angle is still far more likely to score than Matt Smith in front of the goal five yards out. Smith is hopeless.

Don't blame Taylor for that. Taylor from an acute angle is still far more likely to score than Matt Smith in front of the goal five yards out. Smith is hopeless.

Smith needs a run in the side (any side) to gain that match sharpness and confidence - I actually rate the guy :peepwall: but agree that he misses too many good chances when he does get on for the last ten minutes or so.