Today's 90 minutes of frustration.....

Ieft satisfied for some strange reason. We have enough to control games but not enough to score. Something wee man needs to address. We could see a repeat of last seasons goal drought if he doesn't. And you are right about Luca I've seen enough.

All huff and puff - a problem PD needs to urgently address.

Only Tarkowski and Mvoto showed the muscle required to succeed in this division, the rest are lightweights (yes Kuqi too, who for big man man doesn't hold up the ball very well).

All huff and puff - a problem PD needs to urgently address.

Only Tarkowski and Mvoto showed the muscle required to succeed in this division, the rest are lightweights (yes Kuqi too, who for big man man doesn't hold up the ball very well).

At the moment he looks like he couldn't trap a bag of cement, never mind be a threat to goal.

Grim , grim , grim .

That was hopeless , the manager has 9 days to stop our season finishing next Monday.

The injuries to Wes & Simpson of course did not help , but in the first half we created zip other than Wes's effort.

Accuracy of passing is crucial when it is windy, you can't hoof the ball hopefully.

We haven't scored enough goals all season , but today we rarely ever looking scoring.

Man of the Match Cisak(what a top keeper he is) earned our point today.

Grim , grim , grim .

That was hopeless , the manager has 9 days to stop our season finishing next Monday.

The injuries to Wes & Simpson of course did not help , but in the first half we created zip other than Wes's effort.

Accuracy of passing is crucial when it is windy, you can't hoof the ball hopefully.

We haven't scored enough goals all season , but today we rarely ever looking scoring.

Man of the Match Cisak(what a top keeper he is) earned our point today.

Don't know what game you were watching - in a farcial game ruined by wind it was never going to be too enthralling and 2nd half i thought we did fairly well for an average, low budget 3rd league team which is what we presently are when all said and done

good performance overall, no one did poorly really, just cannot for the life of me work out how players can be so thick and clueless in the final third.

For doing all the hard work Taylor did winning the ball back on their box and running it in, ALL HE HAD TO DO was slip it across 5 yards to Smith for a tap in..........his ego takes over and he goes for a shot.

Adeyemi, Mvoto, Tarky and Morais the standouts for me to varying good levels.

Scapuzzi has the ability, it is our players who cannot read the game/move quick enough for the things he wants to create.

Put him in a good team and he would do great - granted he hasn't done much for us so on that score needs sending back, but i'd blame the team he is in for us not seeing the best of him; we just don't suit his game/footballing brain.

If we have simpson, furman and reid back for the chesterfield game i think we will win it.

We have to win the game outright, end of.

My only worry is that our 'we have to go for it' mentality will lead to us rushing the moves and not scoring and also leaving ourselves open to a smash and grab 1-0 to them

Edited by shefflatic

Don't know what game you were watching - in a farcial game ruined by wind it was never going to be too enthralling and 2nd half i thought we did fairly well for an average, low budget 3rd league team which is what we presently are when all said and done

good performance overall, no one did poorly really, just cannot for the life of me work out how players can be so thick and clueless in the final third.

For doing all the hard work Taylor did winning the ball back on their box and running it in, ALL HE HAD TO DO was slip it across 5 yards to Smith for a tap in..........his ego takes over and he goes for a shot.

Adeyemi, Mvoto, Tarky and Morais the standouts for me to varying good levels.

Scapuzzi has the ability, it is our players who cannot read the game/move quick enough for the things he wants to create.

Put him in a good team and he would do great - granted he hasn't done much for us so on that score needs sending back, but i'd blame the team he is in for us not seeing the best of him; we just don't suit his game/footballing brain.

If we have simpson, furman and reid back for the chesterfield game i think we will win it.

We have to win the game outright, end of.

My only worry is that our 'we have to go for it' mentality will lead to us rushing the moves and not scoring and also leaving ourselves open to a smash and grab 1-0 to them

Many good points made, but surprised you didn't mention Cisak's outstanding performance.

Many good points made, but surprised you didn't mention Cisak's outstanding performance.

he was, as always, steady and reliable when called upon.

The best all round keeper for me since Gary Kelly.

He was so accomplished i felt Cisak didn't need a mention as it's what we've come to expect - a steady, calm, quality keeper we can rely on.

Missing Reid, Furman, Wesolowski and Simpson is a dire problem for a team of limited means, but the problem is confidence. We are smaller and less physical than most teams in this division, but conversely we have individuals of far greater ability than almost any. You can see that in good performances against Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday; both games where we were the better FOOTBALLING side.

The issue is to win games using that method you have to be willing to take on quick, short passes in the final third of the pitch. You have to trust your touch, run off the ball and commit running midfielders and full-backs past the ball. It is hard to do, and when confidence drops players don't offer themselves for the ball in the same way, their touch gets away from them and the way of playing starts to fail. You can see the quality of Taylor, Furman, Morais, Lee and Simpson because they don't shy away from the responsibility of playing, whereas lads like Adayemi, Parker and Scapuzzi have a habit of doing just that.

Allied to this, by committing men beyond the ball you expose your centre-halves, and by playing three interchangeable forwards behind Kuqi you leave full-backs exposed even when they aren't attacking - the result of which is that we are always liable to leak a goal.

You could see it all day today; they played no football but had four great chances, whereas we held the ball and created two or three.

I don't think we are having any luck at the moment either (the ball never falling for us) and referees seem to have decided against giving us penalties too. From the RRE that tackle in the second half on Kuqi looked like the defender played his standing leg, and we should have had one at Huddersfield when Clarke jumped all over the back of Diamond and yet somehow got a freekick...

In short, we are in dire need of a boost. Kuqi is a real problem with his lack of form, but as a team the ability is there; we just need that mystical "boost" that can start us playing again. A big crowd getting behind the team against Chesterfield would be a massive start.

A loan striker should be brought in asap, at least until Reid is fit. Smith should be loaned out to a league 2 club until the end of the season to give him the first team experience he desperately needs.

Edited by bowl

Is it only me that left BP fuming today??

Christ it was an infuriating performance.

And Scapuzzi twice completely missing the ball was the last straw for him with me. He can go back to City tonight...... :ranting:

[/quote I actually thought Scapuzzi did quite well, hes just to light weight! His cross for Matt Smith was inch perfect and he retained possession well, but those two air shots were AWFUL

It comes down to putting the thing in the back of the net. We lacked a cutting edge I know end product is abit of a cliche on here but Josh Parker really does lack it, him and Smith are both still works in progress both put in the effort but I worry if we are relying on them to get us the goals.

Kuqi's current form can be summed up with that chance in the 1st half granted it was a foul but he played on went one on one with the keeper and balloned it into Rocky Road End, can't buy a goal at the moment. Hopefully the injury to Simpson won't be too serious as he looks like the only player capable of hitting the target at the moment.

Felt that Tarkowski played well and grew into the game, felt Tom Adeyami aswell had a good game Cisak produced a couple of brilliant saves. Chris Taylor despite playing out of position really put a shift in was unlucky with that chance he was well within his rights to take that chance on himself and shoot in the 2nd half he was in a good enough position and his clearence of the line near the end was excellent too.

Hopefully the injuries are not too serious and hopefully we have a clean bill of health for next monday we will get the chances but we need people to step upto the plate and show the composure to take them when they come.

We didn't play too badly today, but frustration is the word, there were so many instances where players made the wrong decisions with the ball and it cost us. Scapuzzi looked clueless unfortunately. Every time he got the ball he went down a blind alley and had no idea what to do with it. Kuqi again spent most of his time coming deep to get the ball and so it was hard for him to get into scoring positions. I'm yet to see anything from Smith that shows he is capable of playing at this level but i have patience for him, it's a big step up he's taken. Adeyemi was average at best, Parker had a bit of a stinker apart from a couple of nice moves. Cisak and Wes were both good, Simpson looked one of our more likely threats as per. Don't have much too good or bad to say about Taylor, didn't really mind him taking that shot rather than squaring it. Lee was good, Black wasn't bad which is more than i usually have to say for him. I was really impressed with Tarky today, thought he was our best man after Cisak. M'voto was solid. Morais played a decent game and responsible game, no complaints about him today.

Nailed it!

That game was never going to be one for the purists, as soon as I got out of my car and nearly got blown over on B&Q car park I felt it was going to be one of those frustrating afternoons.

Given we had no Furman and then lost Wes and Simmo during the game I thought we applied ourselves as best we could. Going it 0-0 at HT I felt like we'd blown our chance a bit and prepared for a barrage second half with Exeter playing with the vicious wind but in fact we were by far the better side and should have won. A bit of composure on the ball by Parker and Taylor and we'dn have ran out comfortable winners. Think I'd have been far more upset if we'd have created little.

Kuqi is a worry for me. He was marginally better today, pestering their defence into mistakes a few times but he's clearly low on confidence in the box. Tarky was head and shoulders MOM and I thought Adiyemi put in a great shift, upped his game and linked up well despite losing Wes. Cisak is turning out to be a revelation too with a couple of outstanding stops - the one at the end I was right behind in line with the Exeter player and thought it was a goal for certain. Morais had his best game for a while too.

Agree about Scapuzzi. No heart in the lad and can't do :censored: all with his left foot. Sorry lad, you need two good feet to play at the top level.

So, quite a few positives given the conditions. Just hope our key players, Furman, Weselowski and Simpson are back in time for Chesterfield and beyond or we could see ourselvs getting dragged right into the relegation scrap like the Death Star tractor beam.

Adeyemi was average at best

Massively unfair that. We controlled that gam in the middle and Tom was at the heart of this. He's a bit of an enigma as he doesn't often stand out unless he goes on a blazing run into the box but take into account that we lost Wesalowski so early on again we never really suffered as a result and a lot of that is down to Tom Adeyemi. Taylor played his part too, but Tom was the reason we never fell apart in the middle. In fact we bossed it.

Massively unfair that. We controlled that gam in the middle and Tom was at the heart of this. He's a bit of an enigma as he doesn't often stand out unless he goes on a blazing run into the box but take into account that we lost Wesalowski so early on again we never really suffered as a result and a lot of that is down to Tom Adeyemi. Taylor played his part too, but Tom was the reason we never fell apart in the middle. In fact we bossed it.

I have been one of Adeyemi's biggest critics since he signed but must admit i thought he stepped up into the breach when Weso went off today.

Just hope he can carry on that form in future and hopefully get better.

My frustration has now turned to Parker who really must wonder how on earth he makes a living playing football !!!!

I have been one of Adeyemi's biggest critics since he signed but must admit i thought he stepped up into the breach when Weso went off today.

Just hope he can carry on that form in future and hopefully get better.

My frustration has now turned to Parker who really must wonder how on earth he makes a living playing football !!!!

What a load of bollocks. An absolute asset to the team.

We had no Furman or Wes or Simpson for the majority of the game but still came away with a point.

Point gained IMO!

What a load of bollocks. An absolute asset to the team.

We had no Furman or Wes or Simpson for the majority of the game but still came away with a point.

Point gained IMO!

Asset to which team - Exeter !!!!!!!!!!!

Not arguing about the point we got , in fact with 10 men it was a good one.

But Parker ????? give me a break ,

Must admit not as bad as the last Parker we had but somebody is fooling somebody if QPR rate this guy and supposedly offered him a 2 year deal ?

Pity he didn't sign it .

Edited by losesome

Wouldn't put any money on Wes being fit,his shoulder will pop out time and time again,big problem for the lad unfortunately.Cisak was superb,best keeper we have had for some time.Thought we played quite well today,little more luck and compusure and the game was ours.Kuqi did better today but as mentioned looks low on confidence and I thought Parker was far more affective as a striker,think Reid coming back will be a big plus.Chesterfield game now massive,our season could hinge on it.Anyone else wonder why we go to pot after the new year,it has happened for the last 5 seasons under different managers?

Wes needs an op to strengthen the ligaments around his shoulder.

He could have - well he NEEDS - the op now, but this would set him back minimum 3 months as its quite a difficult procedure and obviosuly the area needs good time to recover.

So we either continue with Wes being a bit part player given how it will keep popping out even when he hasn't been touched, or PD says get it done now and we go out and get a tough tackling midfielder in on loan and ditch the Clarke bid.

Tough call but how many games is Wes gonna miss/start and come off in?

Or PD plays him in his correct position and plays Mellor there whwn furman and adeyemi may not be available obviusly.

:huh: