Orient Game Postponed

Tuesday night is Latics night!

Get out of work - swift half of ale - down to the match - grab a pie - watch Latics destroy the opposition.

Top time Tuesdays!

Time for a £2 entry game!

If the powers that be have got a brain (a big ask with our lot) then they'll re-arrange this fixture for first week in April - falls in the Easter school holidays and a chance of milder weather by then.

However I'd bet money that we try and shoehorn it in for 21st February giving us the 'tantalising' prospect of three home games in a row.

If the powers that be have got a brain (a big ask with our lot) then they'll re-arrange this fixture for first week in April - falls in the Easter school holidays and a chance of milder weather by then.

However I'd bet money that we try and shoehorn it in for 21st February giving us the 'tantalising' prospect of three home games in a row.

Doubt it will happen.. Leyton Orient play on 31st then on Fri 6th.. Some how I don't think they will want a midweek game when they play on a Saturday then on a Friday..

Doubt it will happen.. Leyton Orient play on 31st then on Fri 6th.. Some how I don't think they will want a midweek game when they play on a Saturday then on a Friday..

Yeah, did see their fixtures. No idea how the process works but my thinking was given that it's our home game and we play practically every Tuesday in February and March anyway we might show a bit of common sense and not just rearrange for the earliest available date.

Yeah, did see their fixtures. No idea how the process works but my thinking was given that it's our home game and we play practically every Tuesday in February and March anyway we might show a bit of common sense and not just rearrange for the earliest available date.

Both teams have to agree on the date I think..

They daren't show Neville Southall's knees until after the watershed. :grin:

That was the stubborn little sod's own fault. How stupid do you have to be to wear shorts if you're playing in goal on a plastic pitch?

It'll be interesting to see how the artificial pitch works out at Widnes RLFC - i remember someone from the club talking about it saying "it feels just like grass underfoot", possibly forgetting that scoring in rugby involves sliding face-first along the pitch so it's not how it feels underfoot that's the main issue. If it does work out, it's hard to see how they can argue against using it in football. Won't totally solve the problem of postponed games - if the roads around the ground are slippy the match gets called off on safety grounds anyway - but it'll be a big help.

For me, football played from August to May is the answer.

With any postponed games being rescheduled within that time.

Looking back, Latics had 5 free Tuesday dates from August to October when the weather was decent, why can't the football league schedule some fixtures around that time of year instead of pile ups after January ?

The odd one or two might have to be set aside, but not all.

Blank dates;

Tue 23rd August

Tue 30th August

Tue 6th Sept

Tue 20th Sept

Tue 27th Sept

Edited by BP1960

For me, football played from August to May is the answer.

With any postponed games being rescheduled within that time.

Looking back, Latics had 5 free Tuesday dates in August and September when the weather was decent, why can't the football league schedule some fixtures around that time of year instead of pile ups after January ?

Blank dates;

Tue 23rd August

Tue 30th August

Tue 6th Sept

Tues 20th Sept

Tues 27th Sept

Looking back, Latics had 5 free Tuesday dates from August to October when the weather was decent, why can't the football league schedule some fixtures around that time of year instead of pile ups after January ?

Blank dates;

Tue 23rd August

Tue 30th August

Tue 6th Sept

Tue 20th Sept

Tue 27th Sept

August games irritate, especially if the wife makes you go on holiday after the season starts.

Some of those dates will also clash with League Cup rounds.

And it's only one game. I'm sure they'll squeeze it in somewhere.

August games irritate, especially if the wife makes you go on holiday after the season starts.

Some of those dates will also clash with League Cup rounds.

And it's only one game. I'm sure they'll squeeze it in somewhere.

Take her with you to BP, there's a Premier Inn close by she will think she's on holiday :wink:, and all 5 wouldn't be cup and replay dates, only a couple at most, leaving 3 matches to watch in probably nice weather with the chance of bigger crowds.

Edited by BP1960

Take her with you to BP, there's Premier Inn close by she will think she's on holiday :wink:, and all 5 wouldn't be cup and replay dates, only a couple at most, leaving 3 matches to watch in probably nice weather with the chance of bigger crowds.

There's hope in the air in September.

It's usually become despair by March!