Massive win but..

im not getting into childish arguements.

PD is not learning from his mistakes,his tactics are bordering on laughable and he continues to pick NAMES.for me id get rid at the end of season although in all honesty unlsess some thing drastic happens regarding investment i fear admin next season.

:censored:e..................I pressed the wrong rep button!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacking PD - And who would you get in to replace him?

PD isn't the best manager in the world, but he's only just starting out and I think he's got potential. If we are still in League 1 next season, it should definetly be considered a positive to put on his CV. Yes he's subs are not great but i'm not sure what you can do when you haven't got strengh in depth which is a money issue. Surely if there is one thing a club like Oldham can do is to give him time to learn his trade and hopefully he will be able to build a team of sorts that can get us challenging in a couple of years time.

It transpired that we got beat but we should have got to Wembley. Chesterfield were rock bottom and the majority of fans wanted shez out, we were playing the better football at the time and it wasnt even particularily anything that Chesterfield did that put them through it was our own mistakes, so just because we didnt get there doesnt mean we shouldnt have

Rubbish, if you want to bring Chesterfield's league form into it, they had been on a winning streak whereas we had failed to win for a number of games. If you make mistakes and the other team doesn't and they go on to score more, surely that underlines the fact that Chesterfield are rightly the victors. Football is about scoring goals, not about how many pretty passes or crosses you have or indeed missed shots.

I reckon Dickov is doing a brilliant job in the circumstances. I also reckon we'll finish mid-table. The idea that he should be sacked is deeply strange in itself, but the lack of an alternative is even more deeply strange.

This season we have had two cup runs and will probably finish comfortably mid table.

As long as we improve each year I am more than happy.

Our first 11 are solid. We have some good kids coming through.

We can't spend £1m on one player like Huddersfield can do. We can hardly pay decent wages.

Yet we have some real talent at our club and a manager who looks as though he actually cares.

The games are entertaining (if a little tense). It wasn't long ago at all we were begging for all of the above.

If it wasn't for Cisak's mistake for their goal we go away thinking we walked it, but they nearly nick a point but for a stunning pen save. Cisak though for me is stioll the best goalie in this league, even more so with Smithies injuries. Tarky for me is such an exciting prospect, Ray Wilkins and Rio Ferdinand would love his stay on the feet tactic. M'Voto looked solid last night, has been playing at the same as last season for a few games now. Marsh-Brown the skill of Morais with the speed of Parker, one word-dangerous. Taylor was always going to look dodgy in CM as that isn't his position, I wonder if Simpson would be better there if the Furmaninator isn't ready for MK Dons. Lee is one the best right backs in this league and Black is good enough for this level, Tom A is getting better every game and looked sharp last night.

The 2nd half performance came from a lack of fitness due to a lack of training and matches, I wouldn't be surprised if PD warned them not to run too much and risk becoming too tired. Calls for Dickov to be sacked are just childish and deserve to be treated as such, ok performance and it will improve over the next few weeks although I would be happy with a point on Sat.

Gutted for Kuqi though just how he didn't score last night, I'll never know but it will come and if he plays like that every game his lack of goals doesn't matter. Also respect to the Chaddy End ultras sung for a lot of the game and was nice to hear from the Main Stand, keep it going could grow for the club and well done to whoever it was who organised it.

This season we have had two cup runs and will probably finish comfortably mid table.

As long as we improve each year I am more than happy.

Our first 11 are solid. We have some good kids coming through.

We can't spend £1m on one player like Huddersfield can do. We can hardly pay decent wages.

Yet we have some real talent at our club and a manager who looks as though he actually cares.

The games are entertaining (if a little tense). It wasn't long ago at all we were begging for all of the above.

Spot on. If you'd have told me after Yeovil away in August that we'd all be pissed off in February because we thought we should be going to Wembley I'd have pissed myself laughing.

I thought there were a lot of positives to take from last night.

We were getting to the stage where we needed a win, no matter how it arrived. We were by far the better team and deserved the result, without playing brilliantly.

Why do some of our fans expect opposing teams to roll over and die when they come to BP? Yes Walsall were dire but they were always going to step up their game in the 2nd half. We defended pretty well - their goal came from a Cisak error and the penalty was a needless shove (well done to Alex for the save - made up for the earlier error). Apart from that I think they had one decent chance which they blazed over.

Kuqi needs to learn to shut his mouth but he had a great game last night - did everything but score.

Other mentions:

Marsh-Brown looks a prospect - made it look easy for the first goal and looked a threat all through the first half. Second half they gave him less room and he seemed to tire/run out of ideas.

Morais - followed up his decent performance against Chesterfield with another one. Looked a lot steadier than before Christmas and remained a threat throughout. Deserves to start again and great finish for his goal.

Taylor - isn't a centre-mid but I thought he did well out of position, won a few tackles and made a few decent runs. We need to get Furman back asap though.

Tarky - excellent performance again.

Dickov doing a great job.

It was Kieran Lee who gave the penalty away with a blatant push! And Adeyemi who crossed for Simpson, Prozac.

Whatever you say but my own eyes when it was right in front of me at the rre & the official report and sky tv's highlights seem to say different! Didn't listen to Gordy and co did we?

Rubbish, if you want to bring Chesterfield's league form into it, they had been on a winning streak whereas we had failed to win for a number of games. If you make mistakes and the other team doesn't and they go on to score more, surely that underlines the fact that Chesterfield are rightly the victors. Football is about scoring goals, not about how many pretty passes or crosses you have or indeed missed shots.

Chesterfield 1-3 Torquay

Oldham 5-2 Chesterfield

Chesterfield 0-1 Sheff Utd

Preston 1-1 Chesterfield

Wycombe 3-2 Chesterfield

Chesterfield 1-1 Walsall

Huddersfield 1-0 Chesterfield

Scunthorpe 2-2 Chesterfield

Chesterfield 1-1 Oldham

Chesterfield 0-2 Exeter

Leyton Orient 1-1 Chesterfield

I hope Latics dont go on one of your winning streaks! they were 11 games and two months without a win before playing Latics in the JPT!

My point was we should have been going to Wembley, not if we actually deserved to over the two legs. We should have had enough about us to get past a team bottom of the league on a 'winning streak' such as this, ultimatly we didnt and the reasons why needed to be lucked at as it wasnt/isnt that Chesterfield are a better side than us

Whatever you say but my own eyes when it was right in front of me at the rre & the official report and sky tv's highlights seem to say different! Didn't listen to Gordy and co did we?

Nope i was sat in the RRE to and could of sworn it was Lee but if im wrong fair enough?

Spot on. If you'd have told me after Yeovil away in August that we'd all be pissed off in February because we thought we should be going to Wembley I'd have pissed myself laughing.

If you would have told me we were still existing and actually doing alright towards the end of Penney's reign I would have been surprised.

The team has gone into a serious decline since Liverpool.

The loss to chesterfield was a massive kick in the teeth,corney probably is still having nightmares about the revenue that went down the bog after that loss.

The team is carrying individuals going thru the motions,the team is containing platers like mvoto who should have a red cross instead of a number,an accident waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

The manager is tactically disasterous.

I could go on,however...

We are going to be in a fight for survival this season,that much is obvious.

At the end of the season id get rid of PD,sorry,ive seen enough to realise we are going to nowhere under him.

His tactics,and substituions a times are shocking.

Yes gotta agree because mourinho is free in the summer and i believe redknapp might be on the look out....

get real...

bottom half league 2 crowds

bottom half league 2 budget

Win our games in hand and we are top half league one...

Nope i was sat in the RRE to and could of sworn it was Lee but if im wrong fair enough?

To be fair I think the Walsall player was shoved by JYM with Lee just behind, I think Lee did slide in but by then the pen had already been given. As for the second goal, the Chron give the assist to Morais, but I think he laid it off for Adeyemi who crossed for Simpson.

If it wasn't for Cisak's mistake for their goal we go away thinking we walked it, but they nearly nick a point but for a stunning pen save. Cisak though for me is stioll the best goalie in this league, even more so with Smithies injuries. Tarky for me is such an exciting prospect, Ray Wilkins and Rio Ferdinand would love his stay on the feet tactic. M'Voto looked solid last night, has been playing at the same as last season for a few games now. Marsh-Brown the skill of Morais with the speed of Parker, one word-dangerous. Taylor was always going to look dodgy in CM as that isn't his position, I wonder if Simpson would be better there if the Furmaninator isn't ready for MK Dons. Lee is one the best right backs in this league and Black is good enough for this level, Tom A is getting better every game and looked sharp last night.

The 2nd half performance came from a lack of fitness due to a lack of training and matches, I wouldn't be surprised if PD warned them not to run too much and risk becoming too tired. Calls for Dickov to be sacked are just childish and deserve to be treated as such, ok performance and it will improve over the next few weeks although I would be happy with a point on Sat.

Gutted for Kuqi though just how he didn't score last night, I'll never know but it will come and if he plays like that every game his lack of goals doesn't matter. Also respect to the Chaddy End ultras sung for a lot of the game and was nice to hear from the Main Stand, keep it going could grow for the club and well done to whoever it was who organised it.

Doesn't matter? It matters if he misses sitters and doesn't shut up arguing with officials and acting like a little kid when it goes against him. Completely unprofessional from him last night, and it wasn't just last night, in previous games recently aswell. Dickov was right in telling him to shut the :censored: up and then subbing him not long after. Time to give Smith or Parker a chance upfront whilst Kuqi is acting like a small kid when something goes against him. He's been worse than Taylor for arguing with officials recently!

Doesn't matter? It matters if he misses sitters and doesn't shut up arguing with officials and acting like a little kid when it goes against him. Completely unprofessional from him last night, and it wasn't just last night, in previous games recently aswell. Dickov was right in telling him to shut the :censored: up and then subbing him not long after. Time to give Smith or Parker a chance upfront whilst Kuqi is acting like a small kid when something goes against him. He's been worse than Taylor for arguing with officials recently!

I'm not normally one to criticise individuals but ........

Have to agree with pretty much everything in that post. Shefki needs to buuton it for the sake of the team, OK, things aren't going for him at the moment and his frustration is showing almost from the kick-off but surely he must realise that the more he complains, the less likely the referee is going to listen. There were a couple of occasions last night when I felt the ref would have given us a free kick for an infringement against Shefki but for his previous rants.

Calm down, be more composed (in temper and on the ball), accept a subs position and hopefully the early-season Shefki might re-emerge.

Yeah, Hazell was shocking, Arber was ball watching and I haven't a :censored:ing clue what Barrett was doing….if only Garnett and Hoolickin had been fit…...

.....if only Bert Lister hadn't lost the ball and managed to get his pass on to Bobby Johbstone.....

3-1 would surely have been the final score.