I thought this was going to be about why we're the only team in the division who dont look at threat from set pieces.

What is it this season; 2 goals from corners? Nathan Clarke on debut and Saturdays own goal? Piss poor

I agree about defending though, its been worse than usual of late. iMO we miss Diamond

I thought this was going to be about why we're the only team in the division who dont look at threat from set pieces.

What is it this season; 2 goals from corners? Nathan Clarke on debut and Saturdays own goal? Piss poor

I agree about defending though, its been worse than usual of late. iMO we miss Diamond

I agree Sly, look how Murfin put his head on the line for Scunthorpe's first goal, that's what Latics players need to learn.

Edited by BP1960

Mirfin = :censored: player who had a :censored: game

But, he gambled, was brave and got a goal. He's still a :censored: player but he'll be a :censored: player on a bus back to Scunthorpe with 3 points in the bag.....becuase he challenged for a set piece

Our players dont do what Mirfin did tonight. Why? I dont know......but its been a fault for years & years

When r we going to start defending corners what is taggert teaching em its so fing frustrating

And hash brown what a muppet, loved watching him play but what a tool. Absolutly blazing

when are we going to get a proper corner taker,mr morris tonight was a fecking joke,he couldnt even get it into the 6 yard box time after time..

Its weird as in the last two home games we were clearly the bigger side, tonight's starting line-up is the tallest starting line-up I can remember. Their first corner of the night summed it up for me. Duffy, unsurprisingly got the jump on Mellor, runs past Kuqi and beats him in the air, Kuqi has well over half a foot in height advantage.

Morais delivery wasn't great today and Simpson's delivery went off the boil before he got injured. Set-piece plays at this level can be the difference between mid-table and play-offs/relegation.

I think I'd class our goal against Colchester as scoring from a corner

Fairly sure we've scored a few from corners.

Diamond v Notts County (I wasn't there, but it was a corner wasn't it?).

Kuqi v Bradford.

Trying to picture the goal v Colchester now ... M'Voto header saved rebound put in ... was it from a corner?

While I think we should do better at corners, we're not as :censored: at them as we were under Shez!

Edited by opinions4u

Fairly sure we've scored a few from corners.

Diamond v Notts County (I wasn't there, but it was a corner wasn't it?).

Kuqi v Bradford.

Trying to picture the goal v Colchester now ... M'Voto header saved rebound put in ... was it from a corner?

While I think we should do better at corners, we're not as :censored: at them as we were under Shez!

Last time we were an out and out threat on corners was when Will Haining was here, since then we have scored one or two a season. Hazell was an occasional threat but M'Voto should be a beast a corners, and Tarky has always been a threat, our delivery is mainly :censored: but our starting position is even worse. Good centre-halves wait on the edge of the penalty area and steam in but last night said it all for me when we tries 'floating one, I mean seriously…WTF!!!!????

Last time we were an out and out threat on corners was when Will Haining was here, since then we have scored one or two a season. Hazell was an occasional threat but M'Voto should be a beast a corners, and Tarky has always been a threat, our delivery is mainly :censored: but our starting position is even worse. Good centre-halves wait on the edge of the penalty area and steam in but last night said it all for me when we tries 'floating one, I mean seriously…WTF!!!!????

I hope i wasn't the only one to notice; but Ash Taylor, the Tranmere CB was absolutely fantastic (I know!) at movement from set pieces.

For 1 corner; he was stood right on the left-hand edge of the box, and just before the taker started his run up; he absolutely sprinted across the top of the box and then made a charge for the 6 yard box, Tarky just about stayed with him. It was brilliant to see.

We don't do that. We don't attack it like Mirfin did last night. We don't really do anything with corners except hit & hope.

Oh for an hour on the training pitch with them........I'd soon have it right! :wink:

Thats what they should be doing. No idea what the hell we was thinking about by sticking a 6ft 4 centre back on the byline, on the edge of the 6 yard area nearest to the corner taker and then floating it to him. Just get it between the penalty spot and 6 yard area at pace.

He did once score against the Latics :wink: