Alex Parkes in the sqaud

Youth team centre back Alex Parkes has been drafted into the squad to face Hartlepool tommorow.

I have seen him a few times and would say he is strong, has a very competative attitude and concentrates hard.

I imagine he won't start, but if he does come on he won't let the team down through effort.

Edited by BP1960

This seem a tad harsh on brown. He is being asked to play completely out of position. I'm for given him another chance on his natural position. Backing out of that challenge right in front of us on Saturday hasn't helped his cause mind.

Edited by welshgaz

This seem a tad harsh on brown. He is being asked to play completely out of position. I'm for given him another chance on his natural position. Backing out of that challenge right in front of us on Saturday hasn't helped his cause mind.

He's been :censored: in midfield, and a :censored:ing tart at left-back. What horrors is he going to bring to the centre of our defence?

And to be honest he can't do any worse. Mvoto for a late part has been terrible this season and young tarky as promising as he is, is too easily shrugged off the ball.

Brown may well do ok at centre back, Tarky does indeed need to learn how to close down opponents better, but I remember seeing a young lad in Manchester United reserves a few years ago have the same problem - Gerard Pique, don't know where he is now though. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

He was backing off all the time on Saturday. I don't think he put in a single tackle. Others had to keep helping him out. If I were PD he wouldn't play again for us.