Cats of games next season

Morning all,

Led in bed last night and couldnt sleep and was thinking about our budget for next season

One thing that struck me is the cats of games for next season based on the teams likely to go up and down and struck me that this could hit us hard

Of the bottom 3 in the championship

Pompey CAT A

Coventry CAT B

Donny CAT A

Teams going up from our league

UP

Charlton - CAT A

Sheff U - CAT A

Sheff Wed - CAT A

Down

Chesterfield - CAT B?

Exeter - CAT C

Dogdale - CAT A

Walsall - CAT B

Legue 2 up

Swindon -CAT B

Torquay - CAT C

Shrews - CAT B

Southend - CAT C

Now of course this is subject to change with what teams are going up and down of course and I have guessed on the same basis the club used last year i.e number of travelling away fans what cat they would be next year

In summary we would lose

4 X CAT a

2 x CAT b

1 x CAT c

and replace with

2 x CAT a

3 X CAT b

2 x CAT c

now simple maths tells you this aint :censored:ing good! Roll in the fact that Bury are far from safe (another cat a) and Scunny (cat B) have work to do although should be ok imo

Most worrying of all is that we lose a lot of local trips and replace them with having to go Essex for Southend, Devon for Torquay which will hit the bank as will have to stay over milage etc

In an ideal world we need Forest to go down in place of cov which wont happen

Mk to win the play-off at the expense of Hudds or 1 sheff sides

Crewe to sneak in and win the play-offs due to travel costs at the expense of Southend

And wait for it we need to want Rochdale and Bury to start winning games :unsure:

The alternative is that some cat B games will have to replace cat A

Now i would myself but cant see some people who are the kind who wake up the day of a game and decide wether to come or not paying £23 to watch us play someone like Trannies who i guess would be one of the replacements

Just food for thought and lets get 3 pts tomorrow

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Yeah i would go back to a flat rate o4u semms only way

I just worry people might turn around and say 'i paid only 14 v yeovil last season and now this season you are asking for £20'

For me you have to take the rough with the smooth

I think Bury will go in fact I think it will be v us they might indeed do that but I did it on basis of teams in the auto and relegation places so far as i know very little about leaugue 2 other than cheltenham as thats on 15mins from me and was at their and Coventry both as a yts

Coventry would be Category A, they're a massive club for this level Other than that I think you're right.

The pricing structure will need a good looking at. Corney et al need to look at whether they deem the categorisation method has been effective not only in terms of attendances but income. (I think we'd all suggest it hasn't, but this is only partially down the the pricing structure)

I think the three level categorisation has probably done what it intended to do.

It's not been the cause of smaller crowds.

Given the sides going up / down I don't think it will be a success next season. So something like £20 Chaddy, £22 RRE might raise a bit more cash to fund the squad with. Hopefully.

the cat games were only brought in due to the large number of local/biggish clubs in the league this season. I think if most of them are lost then it will go nack to flat rate.

off topic slightly i also believe latics have something up their sleeves for st prices this coming season. Nothing dramatic but they know they must do something or risk only selling 1500

I think the bottom three currently in our division; Chesterfield, Exeter and Rochdale are more or less down now. 6 point gap to safety and the teams above them seem to be picking a bit of form up.

At the top we're losing Charlton and one of the Sheffield clubs. Probably both or Huddersfield. The teams coming down won't bring anywhere near a decent travelling support. Coventry perhaps, if they are doing well. And the sides coming up will also only muster up 200 or so.

It's a good job our small bit of cloth has been cut though, what with just about everyone leaving in the summer and another ten loanees and triallists stopping by for a few months. Keeping Dickov is crucial to our chances of staying up next season.