£10 Junior ST

Great offer. Could create a new generation of fans. Don't know why it hasn't been done sooner. Why do so many youngsters grow up being 'glory fans' - because they just watch match of the day and can't understand why you would support a team that doesn't win every week. Get them at the ground young, they acquire the local connection but, moreover, a family connection. More kids going will prompt more parents to go. The club should perhaps tie in an incentive for team shirts - the earlier you get a kid in a team's shirt, the more likely he'll stick with the badge for life. And wearing it - matchdays and st school - will prompt more kids to wear it etc etc it's about tradition, family and local values. Latics don't have to be world beaters - although a good run of home wins would certainly help!!!!!

If this scheme is to work then it'll have to be implemented for a few seasons to make sure that the offer isn't a single season thing for some kids. The club will have to to commit to the idea and if they do then it will certainly reap rewards when these kids start having to pay adult prices.

under 16's ST back in 1977 was £7.50 :blink:

tis a great deal....I'd be quite happy as an exile to support 5 ST sales to see 5 young people turn up every game and watch their hometown team

Interesting idea. Couldn't afford to buy 5 of them but i'd happily chip in a tenner, there's probably other Latics fans (especially those of us without kids) who'd pay for a season ticket to be given out to a local school or something.

I think this'll be a decent seller and should boost crowds - my cousin is a red thanks to brainwashing by his dad but I know he's been to a couple of Latics games with his mates. He'll be getting a ST as a gift for next season whether he wants one or not :grin:

Interesting idea. Couldn't afford to buy 5 of them but i'd happily chip in a tenner, there's probably other Latics fans (especially those of us without kids) who'd pay for a season ticket to be given out to a local school or something.

I'd support this too.

under 16's ST back in 1977 was £7.50 :blink:

tis a great deal....I'd be quite happy as an exile to support 5 ST sales to see 5 young people turn up every game and watch their hometown team

Maybe this is an idea that should be explored and if there are enough people willing to take part then it could be taken to the club.