No where near mature enough for first team football yet. Should be given a season out on loan. The kid is just a liability, potential yes, but if he's the calibre of defender we're relying on right now it's no surprise that we're shipping goals left, right and centre. Not to sound harsh on him, he obviously has potential, but he needs time to work on his game, strengthen up physically and mentally before he's ready.

No where near mature enough for first team football yet. Should be given a season out on loan. The kid is just a liability, potential yes, but if he's the calibre of defender we're relying on right now it's no surprise that we're shipping goals left, right and centre. Not to sound harsh on him, he obviously has potential, but he needs time to work on his game, strengthen up physically and mentally before he's ready.

At fault on Saturday and for all three today. Harsh but true, I know he's a kid but is making the same mistake every week. Surely Taggart should be having a word? Great when the ball's in front but at a loss when balls come in.

Isn't that why he's the 4th choice CB ??????

Edited by laticsrblue

Isn't that why he's the 4th choice CB ??????

Exactly. He's playng because Diamond and M'Voto are unavailable and Brown is ahead of him in the pecking order. Maybe a relegation battle in a team that can't score isn't the best environment to make the mistakes that he's bound to make but maybe that's the situation we're in.

he does have potential and i wouldn't say hes never going to be good enough but his positional play is pretty bad right now, very naive defensively but this will come with age. whenever I've seen him play he's been (in some way) at fault for most of the goals we concede (not all his fault but he's always involved in a bad way). also, why does he insist on trying these cross field balls instead of playing it on the deck to the full back and letting the play build up? just wastes possession!

not that complaining is going to do anything, we don't have any other options right now, just thought I'd chip in

Exactly. He's playng because Diamond and M'Voto are unavailable and Brown is ahead of him in the pecking order. Maybe a relegation battle in a team that can't score isn't the best environment to make the mistakes that he's bound to make but maybe that's the situation we're in.

There have been times this season where he has started above both Diamond or Mvoto.

At fault on Saturday and for all three today. Harsh but true, I know he's a kid but is making the same mistake every week. Surely Taggart should be having a word? Great when the ball's in front but at a loss when balls come in.

I doubt Taggart spotted anything, that bloke is a waste of money, save a wage and get rid of Taggart

It's disturbing Tarky hasn't learned a couple of essentials for a centre back, be more switched on from crosses, and don't duck down for headers, these are flaws he has shown since his youth team days and need to be eradicated quickly if he is to progress.

Edited by BP1960

There have been times this season where he has started above both Diamond or Mvoto.

And in a good number of those games he was outstanding. At the moment (given he only came on as sub following M'Voto's red card) he wouldn't be selected.

What's your point?

Edited by Twisbrogan

Hes not a 'liability' because we have no cover at centre half! he might not be quite ready for first team football yet but we need him in oou squad as we have little or no cover at centre back, I think Tarky has done very well this season, people need to cut him a bit of slack

Exactly. Playing a fair chunk of the match with concussion probably didn't help either. We've got a small squad that's been pretty decimated with injuries, and our obvious failings up front are massively increasing the pressure on the defence because any mistakes they make are almost certain to cost us the game. Not an ideal situation for a young centre-half to be learning his trade in, but that's how it is.

Exactly. Playing a fair chunk of the match with concussion probably didn't help either. We've got a small squad that's been pretty decimated with injuries, and our obvious failings up front are massively increasing the pressure on the defence because any mistakes they make are almost certain to cost us the game. Not an ideal situation for a young centre-half to be learning his trade in, but that's how it is.

In that's case it's extremely poor management, he shouldn't have been on the pitch with concussion.

• 4 months later...

Tarks for me has never been good enough hes abit like Black just a very average player problem is hes playing at the heart of the defense and theres no where to hide. I've nothing against him but I to me he has no real strengths, hes not particularly strong, hes not pacy, and his positional sense is a worry.

It would be possible to play Cliff at centre though as strong as he which we need, he is slow. If he plays right back this season there will be alot of goals against coming down that wing this year. If I was Mk Dons manager Id just be doubling up on Croft and attack the right back with pace. Pretty much job done.