Gerry taggart

that aside I can't actually find any record of him being Pearsons assistant at Leicester or Hull.

wasn't he just a coach?

After further research, he was caretaker manager along with Frank Burrows for a while, then appointed assistant manager under Gary Megson, he was assistant manager/reserve team coach until after relegation in 2008 when NIgel Pearson was appointed in turn bringing in Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh. In 2009 Chris Powell was appointed Player/Coach for a while. Taggart was involved during their promotion season though as reserve team coach. (Obviously knows Cisak and Wes very well from that time)

I think the problems in defence are more down to the defenders not being that good (yet) and having no midfield to protect them.

Maybe, but you can't coach concentration, this has let Tarky down for weeks, look at him diving in for that second goal on Saturday. I hope it comes with maturity and experience, as his lapses are costing us goals week in week out. Plenty to work with there though and thee is a player in there somewhere, but he needs to stay grounded and listen to someone like Taggart or even Diamond and Dux (who played CB at times under Ritchie)

I have heard from a mate who spoke to somebody in the pub that ..... well, I won't bother posting it.

To be fair to Harry he's only passing on what he's heard it maybe that some of the players don't like Taggart I would imagine its fairly common for players and management to not always get on. Although I think if any of the players are bitching about the management they need to look at themselves and take responsibility for their own performances alot of them haven't been doing themselves justice this last few months.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Maybe, but you can't coach concentration, this has let Tarky down for weeks, look at him diving in for that second goal on Saturday. I hope it comes with maturity and experience, as his lapses are costing us goals week in week out. Plenty to work with there though and thee is a player in there somewhere, but he needs to stay grounded and listen to someone like Taggart or even Diamond and Dux (who played CB at times under Ritchie)

Concentration should come with match experience. Aslong as PD or GT are pointing it out to him when he lapse's in concentration he can continue to improve on that part of his game. What he really needs is a few months out on loan to help him wisen up. Worked out well for us with Trotman when he was here the first time!

I too thought it was ridiculous when people were slating him based on nothing whatsoever.

Then I heard it from the mouth of a horse so to speak.

And now I'm getting slated for passing it on.

Unbelievable this place.

:lol: Give over.

To be fair to Harry he's only passing on what he's heard it maybe that some of the players don't like Taggart I would imagine its fairly common for players and management to not always get on. Although I think if any of the players are bitching about the management they need to look at themselves and take responsibility for their own performances alot of them haven't been doing themselves justice this last few months.

I wasn't taking the piss. I've heard similar from different sources. Whether or not it's the same false rumour or is a tale of substance I don't know.

Regardless, the management need to change something about the way they set the team up.