Reserves today

KMB just didn't get involved, in contrast his replacement Kirk Millar did and deserves a bench place on Saturday.

Winchester did well at right back and Burns was industrious (he's not being retained though, I hope he finds a good club).

Edited by BP1960

Most of todays reserve team won't be here next season so it's a rebuilding process, in the olden day there was always a couple of old stagers to guide the kids on the pitch, but I suppose wage bills dictate that can't happen nowadays, kids are thown in before they are ready.

Not much coming through from what I've seen, but I'm hopeful winger Chris Sutherland can push on next season.

Edited by BP1960

I was speaking recently with a mate who coaches at the scum who obviously knows Mick Priest from his time there. I was explaining my concerns hearing that the reserves and youth set up's were not to be funded next season. He found that odd given Mick was down at the scum last month scouting 6 players that were not being retained and had talks with said players and parents about coming to Latics.

Anyway I also mentioned that this time around we hadn't been very successful in terms of the current crop being let go. He pointed out that the under 15's had played the scum 3 times and beat them 2 and drew one. Said they were better than the scums crop at that level and perhaps the decks had been cleared to accommodate a few of these. Said that kinda things do happen.

Is that spelling and :censored: grammer ok and do you get the gist despite this

I was speaking recently with a mate who coaches at the scum who obviously knows Mick Priest from his time there. I was explaining my concerns hearing that the reserves and youth set up's were not to be funded next season. He found that odd given Mick was down at the scum last month scouting 6 players that were not being retained and had talks with said players and parents about coming to Latics.

Anyway I also mentioned that this time around we hadn't been very successful in terms of the current crop being let go. He pointed out that the under 15's had played the scum 3 times and beat them 2 and drew one. Said they were better than the scums crop at that level and perhaps the decks had been cleared to accommodate a few of these. Said that kinda things do happen.

:applause1::lol::ass1:

Ha ha, spot on Lags............ welcome back and dont let the smart arses get to ya!!!

Even if the funding stops stil worth keeping tabs on ex players released by Man u and City if we can make a few bob or improve the team out of it. What has not helped the reserve is the short number of teams in the league. But in recent years the standard in reserve team football has dropped alot.