PD - Don't give up on Taylor going ?

I hope he does stay!

although a lot of people want him gone, i do belive we wil find it very very difficult to repalce him

especially as we will more than likley only bring in players available on a free.

but.........if he does want to leave i dont blame him

I Feel really sorry for Chris, as I think he did the right thing wanting to better himself in the championship. He gets far too much stick off the fans, but i bet they would think different if we played against a team with him in.

The injury couldnt have come at a worse time, no signed contract for next season, and out injured for the summer.If there was a new club in the background, they would want him to prove his fitness first.

I think he will still be here next season, but probably not as our highest paid player. If he still wants to go, then he will have while January to prove himself. Fate acts in strange ways sometimes

I hope he does stay!

although a lot of people want him gone, i do belive we wil find it very very difficult to repalce him

especially as we will more than likley only bring in players available on a free.

but.........if he does want to leave i dont blame him

You mean like Taylor......

If he's here because we're the only option, not so sure.

If he's here and up for it and fit, I'm ok.

Whatever some others may think, we're a stronger side with him on the pitch.

problem is, if he does stay now, then some like him even less because they will only believe he stayed because nobody was interested.

i think he will have a few offers on the table - will they be right for him...who knows?...yet

Edited by palmer1

The injury couldn't have happened at a worse time for the lad. It had only just come out that he had turned down a new contract offer and wanted to test himself at a higher level if possible; then - wham; pretty serious injury time.

He's in the unenviable position of now having to regain fitness at the same time as having to find a new club. Though, in reality, if clubs are interested in him; it's "only" an ankle ligament injury and he will recover from it with minimal fuss or issues. He'd fail a medical if he took one now granted; but I doubt it would put clubs off making him an offer just off the back of this injury. If a Burnley, Peterborough or Barnsley are interested (as has been reported on here), then they will still be interested now; it's not like he's suffered a career-ending injury after all.

My stance on Taylor is known I think - I don't want him to go; as I'd prefer our side with him in it; rather than not. He's a very good league 1 player; who I believe can (& will) make the step up to Championship quite easily. He will be very hard to replace. Other than this injury, his games out injured record is pretty impressive; he's hardly been a sick note in his time here. I wouldn't want us to break the bank to keep him mind, and I don't ever think the club should be held to random or used as a bargaining chip - with Taylor I don't think that's the case. He's been a good servant to the side he actually supports, he's played 280odd games and scored over 30 goals, he deserves the opportunity to test himself at a higher level; he's earned it.

If this injury means by a fluke we manage to keep him; it's a real bonus. A latics side with Taylor in it is a better side than without him.

Am indifferent either way, whether he stays or goes. His goal scoring record as been pretty poor after that promising season netting. I've seen many a good player move on and new heroes emerge and so it will again. Nor do I buy into all this he's earned it :censored:e. Latics have brought him into the pro world of football with their coaching and in returned Taylor has been paid his wedge. It's a job that most would jump at and Taylor as lived the dream.

Yet the first instance his contract is up where he alone stands to benefit from a new clubs signing on money he suddenly wants to challenge himself. It's yet another kick in the balls to Corney and his two quiet partner's who could have got money in the coffers for a player. In may ways I feel for them, in others I know their mistakes have led the club to where it is.

SC is obviously a good business man from his company success but appears very niave when it comes to Latics.

After the Porter affair i am afraid that they have to toughen up.

IF a player wont sign a new contract 12 months prior then sell him at the first opportunity.

Taylor now walks away for nothing when we could and should have got a fee for him last year.

His record this year has been poor and i doubt we would have missed him that much.

Hindsight i know but it's not the first time this has happened.Also how do we know if a replacement may have contributed 15 goals this season ????

If Taylor stays then fine , i don't have a probem with that but any club is bigger than any player so when this situatuion arises again then either sign or sell.

id love him to be give a 15 or 20 game run on the right wing. he made his debut there and thats where i feel he was at his best over his latics career. granted thsat year we had a belting team, but personally i dont feel he has ever been 100% playing on the left.

The only way I would let Taylor play for us again is if he signs a 2 year deal. I'd even get him to sign that before I pay for any treatment for him let alone allow him to train with us to rebuild his fitness.

Loyalty's a two-way street. Stuff playing X games over X seasons for us. If he wants to move on then he can pay for his own treatment and train on his own in order to secure a contract elsewhere!

The only way I would let Taylor play for us again is if he signs a 2 year deal. I'd even get him to sign that before I pay for any treatment for him let alone allow him to train with us to rebuild his fitness.

Loyalty's a two-way street. Stuff playing X games over X seasons for us. If he wants to move on then he can pay for his own treatment and train on his own in order to secure a contract elsewhere!

I had my doubts on Taylor but after he skinned the Liverpool full back I realised that he can play at a higher level.

think you will find his contract doesent finnish till the end of june so were stuck paying for his treatment untill then

think you will find his contract doesent finnish till the end of june so were stuck paying for his treatment untill then

He got injured playing for us, either we pay for his treatment or our insurance does until he signs for a new club or needs no more treatment.

Taylor is good enough for the Championship, any games he plays for us from now are a bonus. Although if I was running a football club I wouldn't sign a player who is currently injured, others who actually run clubs in the Championship and higher have done. However, I've heard he has failed a medical in the past and it had nothing to do with any perceived injury, it was much more likely a result of his notorious lifestyle.

maybe the club don't want to offer any 2yr deals they only seem to giving out short term deals at the moment

Though Chris Taylor has been a good servant of the club and all of that stuff I don't buy that he is good enough for the Championship. Even though he has been a good player in this league over the years this season he has shown that he is not good enough because he has been one of the poorer players in this bottom half team. He's not shone and if some people doubt Keiron Lee's ability to play in the league above then Taylor doesn't have a chance. IMO he's not quick enough to play out wide and doesn't have the trickery on a consistent enough basis.

How long does a player have to play for us to show them any loyalty then?

im not sure on this but im betting he has had a longer spell and played more games than a certain 42 years old lft winger

i fookin bet if a certain 42 year left winger who supports everton was now in Taylors position people on this board would be pulling their puds to at the chance to treat him or give him a testimonial before his 10 years because???

as you say Midsblue loyalty is 2 way street so lets show the lad who HAS shown it to us in recent year some shall we?