Imagine how angry you'd be

if we payed players the sort of obscene money that Sheff Utd, Huddersfield and MK Dons pay their players and yet they're is now a very realistic chance of some of those players still coming to places like BP next season. It makes you wonder sometimes if the game has gone mad and how this affects Latics

Edited by Tommy_Fent

if we payed players the sort of obscene money that Sheff Utd, Huddersfield and MK Dons pay their players and yet they're is now a very realistic chance of some of those players still coming to places like BP next season. It makes you wonder sometimes if the game has gone mad and how this affects Latics

Dont you know we have a "top budget" Tommy, wash you mouth out........... Dickov out (apparentley)! :wink:

Agree with you. History has shown that this kind of spending isn't sustainable and they're gambling on success....again. Difference is that this time around, if any of these clubs gets into a position where they could potentially go to the wall then the sympathy will be all dried up.

Makes me wonder if the fans are concerned about the sums spent or if they just lap it up.

Alan Smith (ex Leeds, Man U, Newcastle) was set to return to Leeds on loan this season.

Leeds couldn't afford (/didn't want to pay) the £6k/week wage asked of his parent club.

MK Dons happily took him there.

Also Luke Chadwick is on £4k/week to sit on the bench.

PS I have a friend who works with Huddersfield Town.

He said that one of the board members told him that there is a player there on £16k a week.

He followed this announcement with the quote:

'You know it is bad when the reality is worse than the rumours'

PS I have a friend who works with Huddersfield Town.

He said that one of the board members told him that there is a player there on £16k a week.

He followed this announcement with the quote:

'You know it is bad when the reality is worse than the rumours'

From my Hudds contact; that now needs to read "was a player"..........It was Joey Gudjonnson; but he's finally moved on after settling his contract last week. They tried to move him at the start of the season; but he wouldn't settle up his contract and no club would touch him at those wages.

Unbelievable Jeff.