Pay on the day or.....

Would it be worthwhile for the club to offer a ticket for say £25(maybe for a limited time),So instead of going down to get a ticket before the day of the match you could show your ticket for a £2 reduction?.

Saves you 22 extra trips to the ground a season,if your 1 that cant till out for a st but still go to all home games.

No.

Fiddly, too much admin, not enough saving and a £20 note on the turnstile is easy for all.

I do think they should start selling flexible 5 or 10 match tickets once the season as started though. Although there isn't much leeway between full price season ticket and match day admission price.

Any kind of an initiative that instills commitment is worthwhile regardless of the amount of take up a scheme gets. What would the admistration and set up of it cost?

I still think it's a pity memberships were scrapped.

Any kind of an initiative that instills commitment is worthwhile regardless of the amount of take up a scheme gets. What would the admistration and set up of it cost?

I still think it's a pity memberships were scrapped.

I agree, if only to prevent another farce like the Liverpool game.

Why would the clum want to lessen the amount times people go to Boundary Park for any reason? There's a club shop to run and many will use a trip to buy tickets to also pick up some stuff,

Cost of employing staff can be more than the profit brought in by additional sales.

If the club ran a membership scheme which would ensure second priority for big games then I'd go for it, though I don't resent the fact I had to queue for four hours in the rain for an Anfield ticket I appreciate that may have been different if I hadn't got a ticket.

It could be a nice earner for the club anyway. The student membership is a laminated piece of plastic with a passport photo in it (or at least it was) - that costs £13 and I'm pretty sure it costs the smallest fraction of that to make it. If they were to charge £20 a pop for full membership with the same system then it would make sense.

I'm sure there was something said that the FA/FL had made membership schemes for POTD discounts against the rules, but surely for cup priority it could be done. I'm relatively certain other clubs do do it.

There was no farce with Liverpool.

The loyalty of season ticket holders was rewarded. Plenty of tickets left for everyone else.

There were more tickets on offer than our average attendance (even with away fans chucked in).

Ah, the old adage of season ticket money being more important than anyone else's.

Ah, the old adage of season ticket money being more important than anyone else's.

So you think it is fair that a fan who atteneds 23 home games a season and pays months before they know the squad shouldn't be seemed as being more important than those who don't attend? Or attend rarely?

So you think it is fair that a fan who atteneds 23 home games a season and pays months before they know the squad shouldn't be seemed as being more important than those who don't attend? Or attend rarely?

Yes. If that's not the case then they should only charge us part time/pay on the gate fans a quid or whatever to get in, then lets see how the club gets on.

I hate ST snobbery. I have bought one for the first time in 3-4 year, and I will not be looking down on potd people. Like they don't deserve tickets for a big cup game? I bet half of them end up paying more than a ST holder

It's not about snobbery.

The season ticket money gives the club the funds it needs to plan for the season. They buy in to the unknown and get a guarantee of a cold plastic seat and priority for the big game that comes round twice a decade.

The pay on the day money is a welcome bonus. If that incomes goes up unexpectedly, great. But any business plan relying on it has to be cautious.

The money in the bank now is more important to the club than the possibility of future pay on the day money that may not materialise. It doesn't mean a season ticket holder is a better human being. But if the season ticket holders deserted en masse the football club would most likely die.

Example for you; my dad has been a fan for 40+ years. He's seen great times and more often bad. To my knowledge I don't think hes ever owned a ST, I think he's just happy to go down and pay the going rate.

So is it fair that a 16 year old lad who's paid £50 for the first time for a ST has first dibs over a fan like my dad? I personally think not. Some may say more fool him, but that's just his way, and hes contributed more than most over the years.

Yes. If that's not the case then they should only charge us part time/pay on the gate fans a quid or whatever to get in, then lets see how the club gets on.

Let's say you do a bit of work at a weekend that pays you about £50, what's more important to you that or your full-time job?

Example for you; my dad has been a fan for 40+ years. He's seen great times and more often bad. To my knowledge I don't think hes ever owned a ST, I think he's just happy to go down and pay the going rate.

So is it fair that a 16 year old lad who's paid £50 for the first time for a ST has first dibs over a fan like my dad? I personally think not. Some may say more fool him, but that's just his way, and hes contributed more than most over the years.

Mainly agree with you sir, but we won't win that argument on here!

Look, i'm being pedantic suggesting a quid to get in, however I do think the club should look at some form of membership scheme for those who can't or don't want to commit to a ST but still want to actively support the club financially.

Wildly hypothetical, but imagine we won promotion in the next season or two. Most games we would be giving all the RRE to the away side, leaving us with two stands. It's not unfeasible that you could have a situation where a decent percentage of non ST's who have been going for years suddenly can't get in.

Let's say you do a bit of work at a weekend that pays you about £50, what's more important to you that or your full-time job?

Say someone offered you £20,000 up front for a years work, or £23,000 paid out throughout the year? Which would you prefer?

Mainly agree with you sir, but we won't win that argument on here!

Look, i'm being pedantic suggesting a quid to get in, however I do think the club should look at some form of membership scheme for those who can't or don't want to commit to a ST but still want to actively support the club financially.

Wildly hypothetical, but imagine we won promotion in the next season or two. Most games we would be giving all the RRE to the away side, leaving us with two stands. It's not unfeasible that you could have a situation where a decent percentage of non ST's who have been going for years suddenly can't get in.

Nonsense, if we could sell out the Main Stand and Chaddy then the club would not give the whole RRE to away fans.

Of course there should be a membership scheme, and I would get one if there was. But by the same token the ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and keep the finances ticking over over the summer months where there is no income but wages are still paid out and players are signed.

Without prying into people's circumstance I am sure the finance option the club runs where you can pay in monthly instalments makes sense for those who claim to go to all 23 home games but don't have a ST. The above claim that many POTDers pay more per year than ST is quite frankly bollocks!

There should be a system for a hierarchy of ticket purchasing for big games so that those who do follow the club are rewarded and do not end up missing out on tickets when we do get a bigger game. Previous talks of loyalty schemes with records of which games tickets are bought for is disproportionate given the frequency of 'sell-outs' and the costs of installing/maintaining such a system. A simple Excel spreadsheet though of members should be easily implemented and even if only 500 take it up, then at £20 a pop that's still £10,000 which the club have got for nothing.

I think it's something like this; The season ticket is like a membership, fans buy them for the club they support and they get benefits like discount and other perks to reward them for their loyalty. If you want the perks, get a season ticket - if you don't, don't.

The argument that their money is better than everybody else's is a straw man fallacy, their money isn't better because somebody says it to be so - season ticket holders buy club membership for the season and get rewarded for it. The fact that pay-on-the-day fans pay more per game is true, however that's their choice - nobody is holding a gun to their head.

Nonsense, if we could sell out the Main Stand and Chaddy then the club would not give the whole RRE to away fans.

Of course there should be a membership scheme, and I would get one if there was. But by the same token the ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and keep the finances

ticking over over the summer months where there is no income but wages are still paid out and players are signed.

Without prying into people's circumstance I am sure the finance option the club runs where you can pay in monthly instalments makes sense for those who claim to go to all 23 home games but don't have a ST. The above claim that many POTDers pay more per year than ST is quite frankly bollocks!

There should be a system for a hierarchy of ticket purchasing for big games so that those who do follow the club are rewarded and do not end up missing out on tickets when

we do get a bigger game. Previous talks of loyalty schemes with records of which games tickets are bought for is disproportionate given the frequency of 'sell-outs' and the costs of installing/maintaining such a system. A simple Excel spreadsheet though of members

should be easily implemented and even if only 500 take it up, then at £20 a pop that's still £10,000 which the club have got for nothing.

How is it bollocks? A potd'er could miss 7 out of 23 games and still pay more?!