Seating arrangements

Hello. Sorry if this has been raised before but, in light of the efforts of the Ultras to improve matchday atmosphere, it's maybe an issue to consider in the close season.

Did we ever decide for definite whether the noise carries a lot further from the RRE than the Chaddy? There was talk that 100-200 ppl in the small section of the RRE were out-singing everyone else.

If that's so, should we consider a change. It might be sacrilege to some, but do we need to move with the times and do anything to improve the situation - should we start allocating all/a section or blocks of the Chaddy to the away fans?

If the noise stuff is true, we shouldn't be making other teams feel at home so easily - put the three-stand and attendance issues to one side for now.

Maybe we could have RRE season ticket holders right behind the goal, a section to the left being for family/young season ticket holders (unless this could fit in main stand upper too), and the section nearest the main stand could be for the 'Ultras' and those that want to have a sing etc

I'm sure there are other options. What do people think? This is the time when the club could consider changes.

Edited by IceStationLatic

Hello. Sorry if this has been raised before but, in light of the efforts of the Ultras to improve matchday atmosphere, it's maybe an issue to consider in the close season.

Did we ever decide for definite whether the noise carries a lot further from the RRE than the Chaddy? There was talk that 100-200 ppl in the small section

Definately does IMO. Plus rre has a bar :~p

Probably best done before selling the STs. But in principle I would go along with this, after many years as an, "Over my dead body," pro-Chaddiest. I wonder (but have no idea) if you'd sell more beer to a home end bar or to the away fans?

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. Isn't it about time we ensured we focused on giving our team the noisiest support - by best utilising those of us that still go - rather than seemingly putting the away fans first, giving them the platform to dominate the atmosphere and access to booze fuel!

We should have a dedicated singing section in the RRE, and/or split the Chaddy so you have banter between both fans whilst us still having 'control' over the atmosphere.

Cashing in when the big teams come is fair enough - but there won't be as many next season.

Moreover, when 150 (or even less?!!) away fans' noise match the volume of the whole crowd, even when we have a dedicated 'Ultras' singing group in the Chaddy - something needs to change!!!

I still cant believe that the club haven't made this move if I'm honest.

Bigger atmosphere and better facilities creates bigger crowds (as long as the players are doing their bit).

I never understood the "I have sat in this stand for years" argument.

I have been in the main stand for 30+ years but I can guarantee if a new lookers is built with better facilities I will be off before you can say ":censored:inghuddersfieldknuckledraggingbastards".

I still cant believe that the club haven't made this move if I'm honest.

Bigger atmosphere and better facilities creates bigger crowds (as long as the players are doing their bit).

I never understood the "I have sat in this stand for years" argument.

I have been in the main stand for 30+ years but I can guarantee if a new lookers is built with better facilities I will be off before you can say ":censored:inghuddersfieldknuckledraggingbastards".

Totally agree.

When the Chaddy end was standing and the RRE was roofless the away fans didn't have an hope of controlling the atmosphere.

Definitely time to get every advantage working for the team!

I sit in the main stand (half way line) and can hardly hear the chaddy end, whereas even a few away fans can be clearly heard!

The better atmosphere and fan experience might help to keep some of the extra £10 ST youngsters too.

Edited by Keepingthe Faith

you being serious? the chaddy has been the 'home end' since oldham ahtletic started. you seriously want to give away fans the chaddy end? which whn everyone is in, makes a lot more noise than the rochdale road end. ive sat in the chaddy ever since I started supporting latics, please tell me you were joking about this thread.

you being serious? the chaddy has been the 'home end' since oldham ahtletic started. you seriously want to give away fans the chaddy end? which whn everyone is in, makes a lot more noise than the rochdale road end. ive sat in the chaddy ever since I started supporting latics, please tell me you were joking about this thread.

Joe, why would they be joking?

I say this will all due respect to yourself, and without arguing either way, but if the club takes that attitude to everything it does then you might as well put it out of its misery now and liquidate. Just because something has been a certain way a long long time is not a valid reason for it to stay that way, especially if change does indeed represent a better deal for everybody.

As a few other posters have said, times change, and if you don't change with them you risk being left behind, as Oldham Athletic Association Football Club have learned the hard way.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

See my original post. I said I know it's sacrilege to open all or part of the Chaddy to away fans - but im just putting out there for debate that needs must when we only have three stands and plummeting attendances? Better atmosphere would lead to better attendances. Obviously, wins and great performances would up the atmosphere, wherever the fans are. But while 50 ppl in the RRE are more audible than the whole Chaddy, it's becoming a joke. We can't afford more golden ticket offers.

See my original post. I said I know it's sacrilege to open all or part of the Chaddy to away fans - but im just putting out there for debate that needs must when we only have three stands and plummeting attendances? Better atmosphere would lead to better attendances. Obviously, wins and great performances would up the atmosphere, wherever the fans are. But while 50 ppl in the RRE are more audible than the whole Chaddy, it's becoming a joke. We can't afford more golden ticket offers.

The club cannot continue to be held back by nostalgia. If they honestly believe moving the away fans to the chaddy would be better for the club and fans then do it, or at the very least trial it in certain games.

One thing about the Chaddy is I don't think it would be able to accomodate both home and away fans in the same stand. If they did make the switch, the chaddy end would effectively have to be the away stand, with the RRE being the home stand.

It's louder within the chaddy because all the noise is kept in by the roof. The rest of the ground can't hear you.

We had to move from the Lookers when we went 3 sided. You had the option of where to transfer to and having sat in all the other 3 sides there was no contest in moving to the RRE. Unobstructed superior view, better atmosphere etc. Every time we have to move to the Chaddy End the viewing experience is diminished. You can't live in the past for ever, otherwise we'd still be watching b&w tv etc etc. Times move on and it's worth putting it to the vote of all season ticket holders as to where they'd prefer to sit. We didn't want to move from the Lookers but had to. I'm sure that if the majority voted for home support to be in the RRE that the Chaddy Enders would respect the decision and all us loyal Latics fans would get together and back the lads on the pitch

If you have always sat in the chaddy then you couldnt have been doing it for that long!! Wink