Hudds only sold 21K for Wembley

The Blades haven't sold out either which is probably a sign of the times, people aren't prepared to pay the extortionate prices the FA are charging for cup finals. Plus I heard the official coach travel was also ridiculously expensive too. You'll get those who class themselves as out and out supporters going but I was offered a ticket with the Sheff Utd fans but I wasn't paying over £100 on ticket and travel in my own country to see a team that's not Latics, England or Glossop North End

I was on the Sheffield Utd website and the prices for travel are not 'fan friendly'

They are selling Wembley car park tickets for £27.75

They have their own train running that's £50 standard or £60 first class.

The coach is £38 + £3 to park at Sheffield Arena.

Luton took about 28k last week........ at the end of the day, its the distance which makes it add up. Why oh why we had to build a 1bn pound stadium at Wembley instead of something for about £100m in the Midlands, is complete rubbish.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

We are hardly in a positition to be slagging teams off for taking 21k to wembley,.

Prices are a complete joke. I hope the FA look at this. If Hudds vs Sheff U has sub 50,000 there, its over priced

Luton took about 28k last week........ at the end of the day, its the distance which makes it add up. Why oh why we had to build a 1bn pound stadium at Wembley instead of something for about £100m in the Midlands, is complete rubbish.

u

We wouldn't have got the World Cup if the showpiece stadium was in Dudley though, you fool.

We'd never get

I doubt we'd get 21k now, but as you hint, we don't claim to be massive.

I dont think we would be far off

Shrewsbury to over 20k about 4 years back

Didnt Dale take about 15k?

Suprised at Hudds considering they averaged 14k this season and this is their first appearance at the new wembley, think they took over 30k to OT last year.

21k would probably be doubled if it was at a closer neutral ground i.e. Old Trafford.

I believe they took around 30,000 tee shirts to Old Trafford last season. Well, it wasn't part of the season as the defeat didn't count in the record books. But you know what I ean ...

Edited by opinions4u

We'd take around 18k tops I reckon.

Most of my workmates have gone today. Personally I want the Blades to win as I get to go to an away game yards from work next season and the Terriers tend to bring more fans to our place don't they?!

depends what manner we got to the play-off final. I think if it came out of the blue then it would capture more peoples imagination, I think partly the reason why it's not sold out today is that both sides have lost play-off finals in recent seasons

What a poor, poor game.

Neither of these two sides have inspired this season.

If Dickov and his players can get a grip of themselves it is possible to get out of this division on a shoestring.

I agree, looking at these 2 you dont need money, just consistency at home!

And Sepp wants to get rid of penalties. Cant beat a good penalty shoot out.

Edit: Sepp says he never said he want to get rid of penalties on his twitter. Wonder how long it took him to type that out.

Edited by oldhamains