Bruce Springsteen

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you got your wish!

Oh yes indeedy!!!

Great day........started at 1.00 with the Carnabys (winners of the Hard Rock Battle of the Bands consisting of 12,000 bands and first ever winners outside the USA)....lots of potential.

Biggest cheer of the night was when Bruce brought out his mum for Dancing in the Dark!!

01. Shackled And Drawn

02. Badlands

03. Prove It All Night

04. Johnny 99

05. Reason To Believe

06. Atlantic City

07. Wrecking Ball

08. Death To My Hometown

09. Born In The U.S.A.

10. Cover Me

11. Darlington County

12. Working On The Highway

13. Downbound Train

14. I’m On Fire

15. No Surrender

16. Bobby Jean

17. I’m Going Down

18. Glory Days

19. Dancing In The Dark

20. My Hometown

21. Waitin’ On A Sunny Day

22. Lonesome Day

23. The Rising

24. Light Of Day

Encore:

25. Jungleland

26. Born To Run

27. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

28. American Land

Encore 2:

29. My Lucky Day (solo acoustic)

Bruce walked back on stage all geared up for Thunder Road then changed his mind and played My Lucky Day after seeing someone's tattoo earlier.

Got to say, I thought Paris was one of the worst Bruce gigs I've seen. Still a great gig by any other artist's standards and a lot of fun, but it just seemed like it was phoned-in a bit.

The mini acoustic set early on made the trip worthwhile though.

I hope the BITUSA rumours about Leeds aren't true. It was nice seeing it once but I prefer the spontaneity of not knowing what's coming next.

Edited by bossrocks

Got to say, I thought Paris was one of the worst Bruce gigs I've seen. Still a great gig by any other artist's standards and a lot of fun, but it just seemed like it was phoned-in a bit.

The mini acoustic set early on made the trip worthwhile though.

I hope the BITUSA rumours about Leeds aren't true. It was nice seeing it once but I prefer the spontaneity of not knowing what's coming next.

Should have gone to Mönchengladbach!

I suspect the Irish will get some treats.

Unfortunately I'm only going to Belfast out of all the Irish ones. Knowing my luck it'll be another BITUSA show!

Just compare the album shows with the recent German album-less ones, no comparison in my opinion. Who'd have thought Germany would have been the rockin' place to be?!

Just got back from Belfast - THAT's more like it! A huge improvement from the show I saw in Paris (which was as close to a phoned-in performance as I've seen Bruce do). Another pre-show set which was nice too.

Hearing rumours of The River in full at one of the Kilkenny gigs... there must be some reason he's practised Jackson Cage, Price You Pay, Fade Away etc recently!

Next up Cardiff for me.

Edited by bossrocks

Missing the Irish ones. But getting Leeds tickets is like seeing gold when opening a Wonka bar.

Tried to get Leeds ones. Would have been great for my first gig at the arena to have been the Boss.

Going watching Springsteen and I tomorrow.

Tried to get Leeds ones. Would have been great for my first gig at the arena to have been the Boss.

Going watching Springsteen and I tomorrow.

I think the wife has forgotten about that. I suspect she'll have remembered by the time I get home tomorrow.

She had me pricing up flights to Chile earlier ... Not going to happen!

Viagogo are knocking out tickets for Sunday's Irish gig at £40 a pop (plus fees). 4.5% for PlayerShare if you use the link below. Cheapest Leeds tickets are £199 each.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-2448

The film was really good.

Loads of fans saying what Springsteen means to them with a load of footage spliced in.

Two couples from Manchester get interviewed. One where the husband doesn't really like Springsteen but just goes for his wife.

Really funny in parts and loads of bits to highlight what a great man the boss is.

Gutted I didn't get tickets for Tomorrow night now though.

The film was really good.

Loads of fans saying what Springsteen means to them with a load of footage spliced in.

Two couples from Manchester get interviewed. One where the husband doesn't really like Springsteen but just goes for his wife.

Really funny in parts and loads of bits to highlight what a great man the boss is.

Gutted I didn't get tickets for Tomorrow night now though.

Thought the Philadelphia Elvis pulling his hamstring was brilliant!!!

Thought the Philadelphia Elvis pulling his hamstring was brilliant!!!

That was really funny. When he was being interviewed either I couldn't take my eyes off the overturned bin behind him.

People have been queing outside the arena in Leeds since yesterday.

Oh my wordy, Cardiff and Leeds just blew me away. I've seen some amazing Bruce gigs over the last few years but they're both up there.

I was half expecting a full-album Born in the USA in Leeds (that'll teach me for believing rumours I read on the internets) so was great to hear No Surrender early on!

Leeds Council have agreed to rescind the parking tickets - the Council leader said it was a case of a parking warden being a bit over-zealous.

Springsteen & I was mostly great - we christened the reluctant husband "Karl Pilkington". I liked the Danish guy too although apparently he has a dodgy memory re some of the songs he heard!

Edited by bossrocks