Bruce Springsteen

Padova last night, near Venice.

Fairly ugly Serie B stadium. A park and ride chime that involved driving our Fiat Panda hire car into the city centre and getting a bus to the out of town venue and a free for all scramble that took nearly two hours to get a bus back to the car park.

Gig just short of three hours. Whole of the Born To Run album played. An impromptu cover version of John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boon". Spectacular stuff.

Well worth contracting Gemma for those tickets in the post above!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to Wembley on Saturday.

THought I had a good seat, but having been there for Tunbridge Wells in the FA Vase, I am not sure now!

We're on the pitch.

I'm the bald one if you want to wave!

Hoping for a full "Born In The USA" rendition.

Edited by opinions4u

ABSOLUTELY FOOKIN BRILLIANT!!!

The way he varies his set from show to show is extraordinary. Close up you realise his guitar playing is far far better than I ever realised. And it still beggars belief that a 63 year old can perform as well as that for way over three hours with real zest for what he's doing.

As a teen, when many of us develop our love for music, I ignored Springsteen. The hype around Born In The USA put me off. I should have believed the hype.

Some links to reviews for those who care:

http://www.musicomh.com/reviews/live/bruce-springsteen-wembley-stadium-london

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/10123300/Bruce-Springsteen-Wembley-Stadium-review.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/16/bruce-springsteen-e-street-review

And the bloke in front of me did a great job filming the show closer - Thunder Road:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ycVLaPGcBV4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DycVLaPGcBV4

Edited by opinions4u

Calmed down and feet planted firmly on the floor...........throat is recovering. Onwards to Coventry!!! Thought the tribute to Clarence and Danny was a nice touch.

He did a much longer tribute to "My City Of Ruins" last year. Not going to Coventry although Mrs o4u is. Paris and Leeds will finish off my Springsteen season.

Here's another review:

http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/2013/06/16/bruce-springsteen-wembley-stadium-london-150613/

I saw on the BP concert thread you were pretty close O4U! What time did you arrive? We turned up at around 0930h and settled for the back of the "pit", opting to go and get some food and dry out once we got our wristbands. Can't believe how many had turned up early.

I thought the first third of the show was very, very good. Darkness was nice to hear in its entirety but the lack of spontaneity made it less enjoyable than I would have imagined.

Off to Glasgow after work tomorrow for round 2!

I saw on the BP concert thread you were pretty close O4U! What time did you arrive? We turned up at around 0930h and settled for the back of the "pit", opting to go and get some food and dry out once we got our wristbands. Can't believe how many had turned up early.

If I said 5pm on Friday night would that sound a bit extreme? In celebration of the local bus route I was number 409! Had to roll call at 6pm, 10pm and 8am. Then a day that was boring as hell where I got sunburned and nearly washed away by a hellish downpour that destroyed the umbrella. Let's just say Mrs o4u owes me big time. My feet are in agony.

I thought the first third of the show was very, very good. Darkness was nice to hear in its entirety but the lack of spontaneity made it less enjoyable than I would have imagined.

I've never liked Raise The Cain. Didn't enjoy it in Stockholm. Absolutely blown away by it last night. I really enjoyed the whole thing.

Enjoy!

Seventeen tracks in and my guess is you've never had a set list like it!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=H5tKoTp-RHs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH5tKoTp-RHs

1. We Take Care of Our Own

2. The Ties That Bind

3. Jole Blon

4. It's Hard to be a Saint in the City

5. Radio Nowhere

6. No Surrender

7. Wrecking Ball

8. Death to my Hometown

9. My City In Ruins

10. Spirit in the Night

11. The E Street Shuffle

12. I'm on Fire

13. Tougher than the Rest

14. Atlantic City

15. Murder Inc

16. Johnny 99

17. Open All Night

18. Darlington County

19. Shackled and Drawn

20. Waiting On A Sunny Day

21. The Rising

22. Badlands

23. Land of Hope and Dreams

24. Born to Run

25. Rosalita

26. Dancing In The Dark

27. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

28. Twist And Shout

29. Shout

30. Thunder Road (solo acoustic)

3 and a half hours.

Edited by opinions4u

apparently he doesent have a set list all the band have to know all the songs and be ready to play at any time during a a gig he chops and changes the tune dependant on how the crowd/atmosphere are on the night

Glasgow tonight two years on from clarences untimley demise suspect it will be emotional

Coventry Ricoh last night.

I really wanted the full Born to Run so I was a very happy chappie

The Ghost of Tom Joad (Solo Acoustic)

Long Walk Home

My Love Will Not Let You Down

Two Hearts (Signed Request)

Seeds (Signed Request)

Trapped (Signed Request)

Long Time Comin' (Signed Request).

Wreckin' Ball

Death To My Home Town

Hungry Heart

The River (Signed Request)

Thunder Road

10th Avenue Freezeout

Night

Backstreets

Born To Run

She's The One

Meeting Down The River

Jungleland

Pay Me My Money Down

Shackled and Drawn

Waitin' On A Sunny Day

Lonesome Day

Badlands

We Are Alive

Born In The USA

Bobby Jean

Dancing In The Dark

Raise Your Hand

American Land

Start 7.20 Finish 10.27

Edited by mikejh45

Bit disappointed, I was on the 2nd tier at the back, and there was a lot of echo.

Cracking set though.

Took a while to get going where I was.

Did anyone else see this guy. He was quite distracting at times!

Older guy, bald on top, extra long at the back.

Grey trackies.

Very amusing at times.

Not sure he will remember much about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimvNzT2JCc

apparently he doesent have a set list all the band have to know all the songs and be ready to play at any time during a a gig he chops and changes the tune dependant on how the crowd/atmosphere are on the night

Glasgow tonight two years on from clarences untimley demise suspect it will be emotional

He does have a set list, he just changes as he goes out, and at various times in the concert! AS you say ,t he band then need to be able to play any song at any time. In the Wrecking Ball Tour alone, he has played over different 155 songs. Edited by singe

Bit disappointed, I was on the 2nd tier at the back, and there was a lot of echo.

Cracking set though.

Took a while to get going where I was.

Did anyone else see this guy. He was quite distracting at times!

Older guy, bald on top, extra long at the back.

Grey trackies.

Very amusing at times.

Not sure he will remember much about it.

Loads of empty seats, his support is :censored:in :censored:.

Turn up at the airport and they were unable to find my family's details - just me booked on the flight. A lot of messing about eventually saw us chucked in business class which seems to be a posh breakfast and an extra inch of leg room.

Now sat in a hotel in the shadow of Stade De France supping a beer and listening to sound checks.

01 - Badlands

02. Out in the street

03. LUCILLE

04. Wrecking Ball

05. Death to My Hometown

06. Cadillac Ranch

07. Spirit in the Night

Born in the U.S.A. album from start to finish!

08. Born in the USA

09. Cover Me

10. Darlington County

11. Working on the Highway

12. Downbound Train

13. I'm on Fire

14. No Surrender

15. Bobby Jean

16. I'm Goin' Down

17. Glory Days

18. Dancing in the Dark

19. My Hometown

20. Pay Me My Money Down

21. Shackled and Drawn

22. Waiting on a Sunny Day

23. The Rising

24. Land of Hope and Dreams

25. We are alive

26. Born to run((with Elliott Murphy)

27. Ramrod

28. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

29. Land of Hope And Dreams

30. Thunder Road.

Stade de France impressive although very echoey. Wembley marginally better.

Son got a text mid-gig that referred to Andy Ritchie. Seconds later Springsteen launches into Glory Days. It's a message. They're returning!

Glad he did the whole of the Born In The USA album. Ramrod was a treat. Giggled at No Surrender being played in Paris. Frenchies rock though. Far more enthusiastic than the Brits.

He's now played over 125 different choons in 30 gigs this year. Mrs o4u tells me we've heard over 80 different tracks since the Ethiad gig a year ago.

Edited by opinions4u