Harry Kewell

Harry Kewell has quit Melbourne Victory, citing personal reasons for leaving the Hyundai A-League club.

It is understood Kewell was on the verge of signing a new two-year contract, in excess of $1 million a season, but made the stunning decision to reject Victory's offer for family reasons.

Kewell's Mother-in-Law is ill, so he is going back to UK.

The Australian A league is League one standard. I saw Kewell play the odd time. He was above the standard of the league (and better than Brett Emerton who also plays A-League).

Doubt if he is PD’s type, or in the Latics pay bracket, but he will be another of the unemployed UK footballers looking for a job this coming season.

A moneybags league 1 club might make a punt on him.

I don’t think he could do a full English season without breaking down

He is already being linked with Blackburn Rovers, apparently.

Yes, I would agree that the A-League is roughly on a par with League One. He looked decent on occasions for Victory last season. I think it was tough for him; you could see he would create things sometimes but the other (less talented) players weren't on his wavelength. Big shame for Australian football that he's leaving.

Harry Kewell has quit Melbourne Victory, citing personal reasons for leaving the Hyundai A-League club.

It is understood Kewell was on the verge of signing a new two-year contract, in excess of $1 million a season, but made the stunning decision to reject Victory's offer for family reasons.

Kewell's Mother-in-Law is ill, so he is going back to UK.

The Australian A league is League one standard. I saw Kewell play the odd time. He was above the standard of the league (and better than Brett Emerton who also plays A-League).

Doubt if he is PD’s type, or in the Latics pay bracket, but he will be another of the unemployed UK footballers looking for a job this coming season.

A moneybags league 1 club might make a punt on him.

I don’t think he could do a full English season without breaking down

If I was one of the many out of contract players, I might be employing an Oz agent about now!

It's easy to be negative where Latics are concerned but we seriously have more chance of platting rocking horse :censored: than Kewell even driving down Rochdale Rd to fill up with petrol. Stop dreaming for fecks sake. It's like having Mendi/Royle army back!

It's easy to be negative where Latics are concerned but we seriously have more chance of platting rocking horse :censored: than Kewell even driving down Rochdale Rd to fill up with petrol. Stop dreaming for fecks sake. It's like having Mendi/Royle army back!

This made me smile on a day of bad news!

I agree!

CAn;t we just delete any post quoting football runours site. full stop!