Latics Player

Just got an important announcement that it has gone up £2 to £38.

However you do get benefits

Login using Facebook: I'll never do that its not secure and I hardly use FB anyway

Watch extended match highlights using 2MB flash player. Not sure if that is new!

And finally pause live commentary. I thought we already had that with the steaming problems and delays!, seems a bit much to have to pay for the priveledge.... :grin:

For the record, for me it still represents great value for money, and I donlt begrudge the club a penny of it, for me by able to listen the games as I cannot attend hardly any, Its just that PremiumTV (or whoever) is pretty bobbins

I've had three important announcements

one: it's now £42.99 a year an increase of £3

two: It's now £37.99 a year an increase of £2

three: its now £4.99 a month an increase of £0.20 a month

Whichever it's still good value and like Singe I dont begrudge the club the money....whichever one it is!!

I await my two stooges to happen along and tell me this post is BS or should that be three stooges..Nigel?

There is also the football league app, which seemingly has the same sort of features as Latics player and is cheaper still. I'm not sure if it has commentary though which is probably the main reason why most get Latics Player. Furthermore, I'm not sure if the club gets a cut or if the cut it gets is less than the cut it gets from the company that runs "player"

Edited by rudemedic

Just got an important announcement that it has gone up £2 to £38.

However you do get benefits

Login using Facebook: I'll never do that its not secure and I hardly use FB anyway

Watch extended match highlights using 2MB flash player. Not sure if that is new!

And finally pause live commentary. I thought we already had that with the steaming problems and delays!, seems a bit much to have to pay for the priveledge.... :grin:

For the record, for me it still represents great value for money, and I donlt begrudge the club a penny of it, for me by able to listen the games as I cannot attend hardly any, Its just that PremiumTV (or whoever) is pretty bobbins

I'd be wary of any increase in subscription, Player offers this that and everything but due a lack of personnel and IT know how the club delivers only a small percentage. There should be reserves highlights, classic matches and Extended highlights. What we get is the odd interview, and the standard highlights package. Gordon does an admirable job but is in no way a media guru.

To see what we should be getting look at other teams in our league. The Trannies for example are regularly running classic matches, other teams offer the full 90 mins of matches and regular reserve highlights.

I've had the 3 emails with different prices on too, their CRM system must be screwed.

These are what the 3 emails are about, it's whichever applies to you. Looked into it hope this helps.

Monthly 12 x £4.49 = £53.88 (Direct debit Option)

6 monthly 2 x £21.49 = £42.98 (The gift option)

1 yrs paid upfront £37.99

If they knew what they were doing they should have only sent each customer one email, sending three is unprofessional and shoddy in my book. They could even have done one email stating all three payment options rather than doing what they have done which suggests to me that they are unable to separate which customer has which payment option.

Not the worst thing that is happening in the world today but inefficient use of IT systems annoys me.

I've had no emails. Mainly because I changed my email address 3 years ago and didn't tell them. Having checked my account my address and phone number are also wrong. Shoddy and unprofessional of me. Cheers for the heads-up.