Legends charity match on Sunday

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they have to put Goram and Windyass on the same team. An aerial challenge (ok...a challenge) between them would have been a sight......blood, snot and half digested pie remnants scattered.

Who remembers that debacle against Cardiff (I think) and Goram's impression of a Sumo wrestler?

Why did they have to put Goram and Windyass on the same team. An aerial challenge (ok...a challenge) between them would have been a sight......blood, snot and half digested pie remnants scattered.

Who remembers that debacle against Cardiff (I think) and Goram's impression of a Sumo wrestler?

I will never forget it unfortunately.

Only match I have ever left the ground before half time!

Was an entertaining afternoon, glad I went along.

Eyresy still has a touch of class about him. Goram made a couple of excellent saves, belying his age and the three chins that must weigh him down. It was probably Windass' best game in a Latics shirt. Where was Barrett?

On a side note, they would have been better auctioning poor Billy Quarmby's place off.

Was an entertaining afternoon, glad I went along.

Eyresy still has a touch of class about him. Goram made a couple of excellent saves, belying his age and the three chins that must weigh him down. It was probably Windass' best game in a Latics shirt. Where was Barrett?

On a side note, they would have been better auctioning poor Billy Quarmby's place off.

How/why was he playing out of interest?

How/why was he playing out of interest?

He came on in the second half for Andy Goram. I'm not sure why, no criticism on the guy if it was offered to him but given it was a 'non-celeb' place and the (lack of) quality shown it would have made sense to auction the place off, I'm sure people would have bid to play with Ritchie, Eyres, Dickov.

no barrett, haining, taggart or milligan - the no7 was a close resemblence but was the surname 'cooper'.

dont know why they didnt aution off the 7 or 8 no-mark celebs who played for the latics side - should have been a chance given to fans - the original article talked about you being able to bid to be involved yet there was never any link or information as to what this actually meant.

i'd have Eyres on our left wing in a heartbeat the guy still has class and still looks fairly fit - stand on the touchline and whip em over thats all.

not a lot of involvement but ritchie still bagged 2 - right place right time - i do wonder what is was like watching him in his prime, must've been brilliant to watch and in that team.

Edited by shefflatic

no barrett, haining, taggart or milligan - the no7 was a close resemblence but was the surname 'cooper'.

dont know why they didnt aution off the 7 or 8 no-mark celebs who played for the latics side - should have been a chance given to fans - the original article talked about you being able to bid to be involved yet there was never any link or information as to what this actually meant.

i'd have Eyres on our left wing in a heartbeat the guy still has class and still looks fairly fit - stand on the touchline and whip em over thats all.

not a lot of involvement but ritchie still bagged 2 - right place right time - i do wonder what is was like watching him in his prime, must've been brilliant to watch and in that team.

Best striker I have seen put the blue shirt on by a country mile mate.

For a relatively average sized striker he was fantastic with his head.

I will never forget those days and you could tell that he loved playing for us!

Pure class!

first touch was superb, unbelievable football brain, only shez came close in that department

always had time on the ball, great finisher, great movement, best ive ever seen in a blue shirt by a mile.

I think we only got him because he was injury prone and that was after another deal for a west brom striker fell through - thank god!

true legend!