any score yet

Is there any news on the likelyhood of us signing this guy. It sounds like he's performing well and Dickov wants to sign him, but he's been here for weeks now and there has been nothing said by the club (understandable) but also nothing from the 'insiders' on here. Normally on this sort of thing we're well aware of any stumbling block well before it hits the fishal....

We need a left mid. M'changama ain't the answer to it.

Cisak - Usual self, few good saves

Bryne - Slow but solid, not much of a threat attacking down the right with Croft though

Tarky - Solid, did what he needed to do, couple of poor passes

Grounds - We've finally got ourselves a proper left-back!

Croft - Gunna rip this division a new one

Wes - Covered every blade of grass as usual

Furman - Not as good as has been, but got stuck

M'changama - Not a left mid. Not for lack of trying, but he ain't gunna beat a man and whip in a cross

Simpson - Bit quiet but put himself about, constantly got fouled and ref did f all

Taylor - Always wanted an extra touch and to try do it himself

Trialist A left mid - Wasn't involved that much, seemed to have a bit of pace though

Trialist B striker - Lots of pace, but got knocked about a bit by there big CB's

We need a left mid. M'changama ain't the answer to it.

Cisak - Usual self, few good saves

Bryne - Slow but solid, not much of a threat attacking down the right with Croft though

Tarky - Solid, did what he needed to do, couple of poor passes

Grounds - We've finally got ourselves a proper left-back!

Croft - Gunna rip this division a new one

Wes - Covered every blade of grass as usual

Furman - Not as good as has been, but got stuck

M'changama - Not a left mid. Not for lack of trying, but he ain't gunna beat a man and whip in a cross

Simpson - Bit quiet but put himself about, constantly got fouled and ref did f all

Taylor - Always wanted an extra touch and to try do it himself

Trialist A left mid - Wasn't involved that much, seemed to have a bit of pace though

Trialist B striker - Lots of pace, but got knocked about a bit by there big CB's

Even quicker if he shifted a bit of that weight he's carrying!

You must be watching different games to me.

IMO Youseff gives us a better balance than we had last season and I don't think that Taylor has been missed so far from the games I have seen (Before anyone says anything I'm not criticising CT). However the big test start next Monday against Sheff Wednesday.

As for Croft, he is not overweight. He has nothing more to lose and is now looking sharp and a full 90 mins under his belt today without blowing out of his backside shows that.

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

its not added weight!!! He has evidently bulked up and filled out as he has got older - he aint that thin scrawny 19yr old winger we had back in '05 - he has filled out as he has aged and he no doubt has added muscle in the gym.

still got the pace once he sets off and he puts a shift in - if he wasn't at the fitness required then he wouldn't be involved!

You must be watching different games to me.

IMO Youseff gives us a better balance than we had last season and I don't think that Taylor has been missed so far from the games I have seen (Before anyone says anything I'm not criticising CT). However the big test start next Monday against Sheff Wednesday.

As for Croft, he is not overweight. He has nothing more to lose and is now looking sharp and a full 90 mins under his belt today without blowing out of his backside shows that.

Only seen the two home friendlies.

Yes it makes us a bit more solid, but we don't look like we have an attacking threat down the left. As good as Croft might be, we'll struggle if we only have an attacking threat down one side.

Pre-season friendlies are rarely a true indication of how teams are going to do when it matters.

Having only seen the City game so far, I still think we need to bolster the defence. Bringing Grounds in, I hope, will cover the left-back position and Big Jean is our linch-pin, but I still think at least one of the other two places are up for grabs. I thought Byrne was brought in for M'Voto's centre-back partner and we were going to bring in another right back? As has been mentioned elsewhere, Tarky probably isn't ready to be a starter yet and if we play Byrne at right back, we seem to be abandoning the attacking option that Lee gave us and worked pretty well last season. I'd like to see an attacking full-back bought in (with Brown as cover) and Byrne moved to centre back.

While pre-season results have been encouraging, at the moment I still think in reality we're weaker than we were last season and reckon we're a first-choice right-back and first choice striker away from a reasonable team. Bringing such players in will be difficult but, as they say, in Dickov we trust.

Edited by JoeP

Pre-season friendlies are rarely a true indication of how teams are going to do when it matters.

Having only seen the City game so far, I still think we need to bolster the defence. Bringing Grounds in, I hope, will cover the left-back position and Big Jean is our lynch-pin, but I still think at least one of the other two places are up for grabs. I thought Byrne was brought in for M'Voto's centre-back partner and we were going to bring in another right back. As has been mentioned elsewhere, Tarky probably isn't ready to be a starter yet and if we play Byrne at right back, we seem to be abandoning the attacking option that Lee gave us and worked pretty well last season. I'd like to see an attacking full-back bought in (with Brown as cover) and Byrne moved to centre back.

While pre-season results have been encouraging, at the moment I still think in reality we're weaker than we were last season and reckon we're a first-choice right-back and first choice striker away from a reasonable team. Bringing such players in will be difficult but, as they say, in Dickov we trust.

No point bringing in another RB atm. Been mentioned on here that Brown has looked decent so far in pre-season, Tarky's impressed alot. Looks as though Bryne and Brown are challenging for RB with Tarky and M'voto in centre. After the two home friendlies if Tarky or M'voto was dropped for Bryne to go into CB then it'd be unfair on them. We've got cover in RB and CB, so no need to go after another right back when other areas of the team need improving more.

No point bringing in another RB atm. Been mentioned on here that Brown has looked decent so far in pre-season, Tarky's impressed alot. Looks as though Bryne and Brown are challenging for RB with Tarky and M'voto in centre. After the two home friendlies if Tarky or M'voto was dropped for Bryne to go into CB then it'd be unfair on them. We've got cover in RB and CB, so no need to go after another right back when other areas of the team need improving more.

Agreed.

Tarky and Mvoto looked pretty damn good today. Tarky gave away a few balls but still looked very good.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Not so sure.

Reckon Dickov's made his mind up on his first eleven judging by his selection in our toughest pre-season games, in which Brown doesn't seem to have featured much, so at the moment Byrne seems to be our first-choice right-back. Tarky has the potential to be brilliant but, unless he's come on massively from last season, shouldn't be a first choice yet.