NHL 2012/13

Lockout looming

Hopefully it's both sides bluffing but looks like both parties are poles apart and a lockout could be on the cards.

On the flip side, if it doesn't go ahead then we could get them coming over to Europe again...may have to make a trip onto the continent depending on who ends up where!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lock Out.

Not a shock really, the ability to offer the crazy 15 year deals needs to be addressed beyond the :censored: awful Kovy Clause.

Called it.

:cry:

Was going to go to the Mooseheads last preseason game last night and finally get to see some hockey in Canada and it was called off because they all have flu! The hockey gods really are conspiring against me!!

Harsh man, dig around - there's plenty of hockey played in Canada for you to see a game somewhere I am sure.

Not all hope is lost. There's supposedly division amongst the owners because the 7 or 8 richer owners are driving the lockout and not nessasarily caring what the rest say. Also you have to think that when players start missing pay cheques in October the majority who don't earn as much will be putting pressure on the PA to get a deal done

Went to the Mooseheads game on Saturday, beyond any hockey experience iv had in England.

9,000 people at the game, great atmosphere, lots going on and even though its juniors it's so far beyond the top level back home. Probably sounds obvious but it hits you when you experience it. Really hope the lockout ends sooner rather than later because I want to get to some NHL games!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the lockout.

But a tiny particle of my being is enjoying it. I imagine that behind the scenes it's a bit like The Thick of It. The two and fro and reaction to events it quite interesting. I can just imagine don fehr laughing victoriously after the owners PR movements were leaked. He must have been thinking he had well and truly won the PR battle only for Bettman to public ally release a deceptively acceptable offer the day after, completely swinging opinion back in his favour. The players had to reject the offer and Bettman knew it, but to the casual fan it appears that the players are being unreasonable. Genius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...