NHL 2012/13

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Shame this thread has died a wee death this year, postseason has been absolutely brilliant.

Last four left are the last four sides to win the Cup too which is interesting.

LET'S GO PENS!

I've literally only just seen this thread, Blackhawks follower, what a battle with Redwings the other night, 3-1 down and took it 4-3 with a last gasp over time win. Got LA Kings next who of course won it last year, all 4 teams remaining now are the previous 4 years' winners, should be an exciting end.

That's as far as my knowledge goes i'm afraid but learning more each time a games on.

EDIT:- Sorry jss, I just saw that you already mentioned that the last 4 are the previous 4 winners, should pay more attention.

Edited by alex_balls

Game 1 was over by about midnight wasn't it?!

5 wins in a row for the Hawks now and flying. Big night for us tonight though the heads need to be screwed on, Bs are using the Flyers' tactics from last year of getting the top players to fight and it worked on Saturday. Need the win as winning 4 from 5 with 3 in Boston will be a tall order.

Game 1 was over by about midnight wasn't it?!

5 wins in a row for the Hawks now and flying. Big night for us tonight though the heads need to be screwed on, Bs are using the Flyers' tactics from last year of getting the top players to fight and it worked on Saturday. Need the win as winning 4 from 5 with 3 in Boston will be a tall order.

Yeah it started at like 10pm I think, I managed to stream it at the third period, unbeknown to me that there were only 3 periods, i thought there was 4 for some reason (Like I say just getting used to it), 2nd one started at 1am and watched all of that one. And lost the third but no way I was staying up for that one.

Wow just seen your score, how did that happen???

Nice to see the Hawks in the final, they've been the best side through 48 games plus the play offs and will be deserved winners of the Cup should they lift it. It's not often you see the side that have dominated all regular season come through.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the Hawks in the final, they've been the best side through 48 games plus the play offs and will be deserved winners of the Cup should they lift it. It's not often you see the side that have dominated all regular season come through.

Agreed, when the Stars played the Hawks towards the end of the season it was something else. It looked like they had an extra man on the ice for the whole game, utter domination. Havn't managed to watch any of the games of the finals so far but watched the highlights, Boston need to knock it up a notch in game 6.

Congratulations to the Hawks then I suppose... I've seen almost nothing of this entire season despite getting the NHL Pass thingy.

Bring on next year and all the big name signings for the Devs... oh wait... ah well, another year of mediocrity!

Congratulations to the Hawks then I suppose... I've seen almost nothing of this entire season despite getting the NHL Pass thingy.

Bring on next year and all the big name signings for the Devs... oh wait... ah well, another year of mediocrity!

I'l just be glad of a full season that i can actually watch! But yeh congrats Hawks, deserved winners.

Best side won the Cup, congratulations.

Shame this thread never got going properly as in previous years, it's been an excellent season despite being abridged.

I think for various reasons some of us just weren't able to watch games. And lock out lurgy put a downer on things. Looking forward to the draft now, i want Hunter Skinakaruk but i think the Devs will take him at 9!

We're never able to watch the games and just searching this forum - the thread for 2009/10 reached 29 pages, 2008/09 was 24 pages, 2010/11 was 12 pages and 2011/12 was 10 pages. In fact only this very post makes the thread longer than the 2010/11 Off Season thread.

I can see why it's happened, like I said, just a shame as it's been a cracker.

• 2 months later...