slew-can't we send him back?

And the likelihood of getting one of these talents is very slim. We can despair over bad luck all we want but we must make the most of what we have at the moment, and Slew, even though he hasn't been ultra-impressive, has shown glimpses of promise.

My point is that we musn't expect players that we recieve on loan from Premier League teams to be a Premier League player, in the ilk of Jermaine Defoe when he arrived at Bournemouth (from West Ham I presume). If one of these special talents comes along and we get a great goalscorer or a midfield lynchpin then excellent, but expecting every player to be of this quality is ludicrous and is asking for a massive disappointment.

Trying to think in the past who have been young loanee strikers who have scored a decent ratio of goals while here...can anyone help me ?

Edited by BP1960

According to Keegan he is out for 12 weeks and the club will be discussing the situation with Blackburn.

I hope that we are able to release him if that is the case. It's in everyone's interest for him to return. Blackburn will be able to afford (and have a greater incentive to pay for) better medical treatment and rehabilitation.

I feel sorry for the lad. Didn't get a chance to shine and may be tarred unfairly with a useless/sicknote brush by some.