That's Entertainment

I actually thought Simpson played better today than he has done previously this season though still not up to the required standard.

I'd still drop him for Tuesday. I don't want to see him hounded out by fans though - he's still got a lot to offer us, his confidence is just shattered.

I'm certain the boo's were aimed at the ref at the end. He was an absolute joke - worst I've seen in years....

Now I don't mind a good boo every now and then, but booing for missing a penalty?? That was very, very harsh.

time for a chuckle....Simpson missed the pen and some clown in the main stand shouted ':censored:inell dickov'

By the way, how was Matt Smith interfering with play on the disallowed winner?

He wasn't, but the referee and linesman were atrocious in every possible way. Unless i missed something off the ball, their lad got sent off for a perfectly timed one footed challenge, then he failed to send a guy off for a bad tackle with no goalkeeper in nets and only one covering defender against 2 oldham forwards. He gave us 1 out of 4 pretty much stonewall penalties, first being mvoto being pulled all over the place, second the obvious handball in the second half, third when the city lad got to the ball before the keeper and the fourth he gave. Yet he constantly gave freekicks for things that were never freekicks in a million years (normally to us fortunately) and gave out random bookings for inocuous challenges all over the pitch. I mean a coming together of bodies is deemed a booking, and then denying a certain goal is also a booking apparently but making a well timed challenge is a red card, work that one out. I'm fast losing interest in football to be honest, it's more like a theatrical dance than a sport these days - and i :censored:ing hate dancing.... and theatres!

normally scores against us as well

Does he I seem to recall Gregan putting him in his pocket quite a bit.

I'd pay money to watch him play against Big Jean on a weekly basis.

Notts County may have fired him but that side had Martin Allen's trademark all over it. Odious man for an odious team.

EDIT got my threads mixed up.

Edited by rudemedic

He wasn't, but the referee and linesman were atrocious in every possible way. Unless i missed something off the ball, their lad got sent off for a perfectly timed one footed challenge, then he failed to send a guy off for a bad tackle with no goalkeeper in nets and only one covering defender against 2 oldham forwards. He gave us 1 out of 4 pretty much stonewall penalties, first being mvoto being pulled all over the place, second the obvious handball in the second half, third when the city lad got to the ball before the keeper and the fourth he gave. Yet he constantly gave freekicks for things that were never freekicks in a million years (normally to us fortunately) and gave out random bookings for inocuous challenges all over the pitch. I mean a coming together of bodies is deemed a booking, and then denying a certain goal is also a booking apparently but making a well timed challenge is a red card, work that one out. I'm fast losing interest in football to be honest, it's more like a theatrical dance than a sport these days - and i :censored:ing hate dancing.... and theatres!

Exactly - biggest case I've seen for penalities in years. Worst one was where Citeh defender got wiped out by their goalkeeper.

I thought the second half was great purely from an entertaining way to spend a Saturday afternoon. More of that on Tuesday and I'd be more than happy.

As I'm sure others were, I was very impressed with how Derbyshire and Wabara settled into a team without spending much time on the training pitch with them (maybe that helped?!). However, as well as the out of sorts Simpson, I also think It's time to rotate the keepers. Cisak's decision making seems to have been affected by something and I think he's been culpable for a enough goals conceded/ bad moments this season not to give Bouzanis a go whilst we have an option available to us.

Ha I've had a season ticket for 3 years in a row and paid on the day before then not sure how I've missed him. Did he have dreads before? No idea how I've missed him.

Big jean was great again today.

Nope, always been bald as far as I can remember. Seems to move club every season or two though. Played against us now for Luton, Bristol City, Leeds, Tranmere and now Notts County.