Suprising Stat Of The Day

Latics have the sixth best defensive record in the division. So don't jump yet suicide watch, this suggests to me that we arent actually that far off, considering we have actually given most of them six away gift wrapped.

We are solid at the back - we've given away most goals from mistakes. I can see us being around 10th spot come the end of the season.

Sucess or Failure? hmm..

10th would be, in my eyes, failure. But in the real world it's progress!

I think with the current group of players (fitness and loan extensions permitting) we should be challenging the play offs. Especially considering that there doesn't seem to be any standout teams in the division this year.

Any less than that and Dickov needs to ask himself if he can handle the man management and tactical side of his job.

On the plus side, he seems to be very good at persuading good players to come here. If we lose Dickov, then we will lose his pulling power. That more than anything, makes me believe that eventually he'll get it right.

Remove back passes, goals within 5 minutes of a restart and leaving players unmarked from a set piece, freak crosses and own goals and I think we've only conceded one ...

And that to a player we should have signed.

Edited by BP1960