Dickov

Not until the next inevitable ad run is underway.

The law of averages say we will win occasionally either by luck or because maybe the opposition has an off day, but, over 2 seasons have gone by and he has never managed 3 league wins on the bounce in all that time, there is no reason to suggest that statistic is going to change.

A resignation would be best for all concerned, Dickov would keep his dignity and would be welome back at the club anytime. He is very well liked by all our fans and a sacking would not be nice. However, if he chooses not to resign we may have to sack him in order to save our season.

Crewe is massive for Dickov I think. Lose and, even winning against Preston, he'd still be under huge pressure to go on some kind of run, 3,4,5 matches of wins (or at least good performance draws). If we win, he still needs to win on Preston AND then follow that with some good results to convince me he's the right man.

1 win won't (shouldn't) change anything, he needs to build a good run and these next two games are perfect for him to do that, culminating with another win at Sheff Utd!

At the minute I'm leaning towards him being sacked, simply cause his record is atrocious and we haven't seen any real improvement for, well I can't remember! Having said that I really hope he does turn it around, gets us winning and takes the pressure off himself. he can only do that with a sustained run of wins/battling draws

Although he's under immense pressure right now, I just cannot see him disbanding his beloved holding midfield 2 of Wes and Furman, this is the key to the whole teams failures IMO.

I dont agree, when Wes was out everyone said we were missing him and the way we play when he plays.

Now he is back people are using it as an excuse that they cant play together.

That midfield pairing were unbeatable in some matches last year (Preston away springs to mind).

We have no confidence and need to get it from somewhere!

Not saying they can't play together, but dickov says Furman is supposed to play further forward when they are together, which they don't, so either PD is lying or Furman decides he can do whatever he wants regardless of what his manager says, if this its the case then he needs to do as he's told or he gets dropped.

It's the style of play and lack of tactical nous which has let him down, there seems to be no indication he will change his rigid formation, which really concerns me as to the future.

It looks like it might be set to become even more concrete:

"We aren't keeping enough clean sheets". I laughed when I read that.

I'm getting to that point where I'm beginning to dislike the man for his delusional attitude. Lowest scoring side in the league, not to mention a shocking record in front of goal dating back to last season, and that clown is on about our clean-sheet count!