Looking forward to it... Eh?

Orient at home... Seems to be a perennial bore of a fixture, probably one of the least attractive of the season.

Had the last 3 games gone differently it'd be a chore today but, as it happens, another Preston like performance and we could give them a hiding. Quietly confident of a result.

Could be wrong but I'm sure this game's been included in the reduced entry a few times. Know it's early but if might have been worth lowering the price a bit for this one. Could've just lessened the number of games that will be inevitably reduced pre-Christmas. Seems like it's only ST holders going anyway and a few might have fancied it while we're in a bit of form.

Edited by longtimeblue

We rarely seem to do well when they lower the prices though!!

This is Latics - inconsistency is our middle name. It could go any way today (and Orient seem to be no mugs this season).

However, a win means the players might just prove to themselves that they can go on a decent run and mount a play-off challenge. They've shown they can mix it with the big boys but it's against the lower teams, especially at home, that we flatter to deceive.

I don't want to hear things after the final whistle like "they thought they could just turn up today" as we've heard in the past. The attitude has to be right from the off and the ability will shine through.

They're similar to ourselves at the mo, on a decent run, but i saw them on tv a few weeks back, at home to brentford and they were woeful.

If i remember correctly, they actually won the game with their only attempt against about 20 from brentford.

They'd lost four league games in a row before winning on Tuesday. I'm not sure where the myth of their run has come from, the MEN said yesterday they'd won their last three!