Who's going to Carlisle?

Once you get past Preston its a pretty easy run. The ground is easy to get to off the motorway too. If you finish at 5, you should make kick off, but it will be tight.

Edited by pukka

Think i'm giving it a miss after how miserable i've been after the last two games up there.

Seems to take forever to get there, was gutting to lose the two previous seasons games where we were 2 and 3 nil up, and more gutting to concede in the last minute both games and put up with all the smug faced United fans on the way back to the cars. To top it off after the 3 nil up game my car packed in (costing a cool £500 to fix) just as i was 15 minutes from home on the M60 and stood on the hard shoulder for three hours in the pissing rain on my own. :censored: Carlisle!

Then again I've not been to an away game for a bit...........

M6 northbound is usually ok. It can get a bit busy at junction 31a but usually keeps moving.

I'm heading up straight after work in the car. Shame the last train back to Preston is at 2130h - was hoping there'd be one an hour later.

Edited by bossrocks

Still cant get over how they can charge 60 quid for a bed and 2 teabags , especially on weeknights, else id of got train up and stayed over.

This link has 4 hotels giving out rooms for less than £40 tomorrow night.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-3617

There's one doing a single room with breakfast for £30. Looks to be within walking distance.

I can't comment on quality, but read the reviews!

Link to book train tickets too.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Virgin&order=alpha&page=H

Edited by opinions4u

Was hoping to travel down from Edinburgh, but there are no trains returning late enough sadly. It's usually one of a handful of games I get to in a year.

Same problem. Was gonna dive out of work early but can't get back. Probably for the best, I'm skint and a jinx anyway.

Missing my 2nd game this season, all about Crawley and if it's on a Saturday, Kidderminster. Hate Carlisle, soulless place….

I won't be going unfortunately. We got the train there last season and I found the city centre much nicer than I had expected. It had an historic feel to it and the bars were packed out at half 5!