Karl Robinson and FA Cup draw

The only time I have been to the stadium we got thumped 6-2 BUT I thought the stadium was great even though its waiting for bigger things. Comfy seats with lots of leg room, much better watching experience than Boundary Park. Don't think too many would refuse that stadium where ours sits now! Might be in a minority here but I think fans criticise the stadium because of the way the club has evolved which is a bit misguided.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I have been to the stadium we got thumped 6-2 BUT I thought the stadium was great even though its waiting for bigger things. Comfy seats with lots of leg room, much better watching experience than Boundary Park. Don't think too many would refuse that stadium where ours sits now! Might be in a minority here but I think fans criticise the stadium because of the way the club has evolved which is a bit misguided.

Agreed. I thought it was a fabulous stadium (and I saw us not lose there). Maybe it being a night match helped.

That's the only time I've ever been too, purely and simply because it was another ground to tick off the list. And I will never go again. A 20-odd thousand capacity stadium (plus extra bits being added) which never even manages to be half full results in pockets of fans (and I use the term loosely) scattered around the ground. Away fans are stuck in a corner so no banter. It's a League 1 version of Darlington. No atmosphere.

And apart from that, they shouldn't even exist. They are a disgrace to football in the way they were formed and, thank God, it will never happen again. The sooner they disappear into obscurity the better. One of their supporters came in here a while ago asking why Oldham fans hate the Dongs. It ain't just us mate. Practically every right thinking football fan hates you for what you did.

On the one hand, I would love to see Cambridge City beat them tonight, just to see that tosser Robinson have another embarrassing crying session. On the other hand, Wankleman's outfit will most likely win, so guess who I'm rooting for in the next round. They may not win, but by hell AFC Wimbledon, the real and only Dons, will be the winners morally.

Agreed. I thought it was a fabulous stadium (and I saw us not lose there). Maybe it being a night match helped.

A fabulous stadium, in my opinion, isn't about facilities. If I wanted to watch football for the facilities I would go to watch Arsenal or a Premier League team every week.

But stadiums are all about atmosphere in my opinion, I'd rather have London Road (Peterborough) Stadium every day over Stadium:MK. And when I went there, for the 5-0 drubbing last season, they served Cauliflower, Cheddar and Broccoli soup. That should be illegal in a football stadium.

So you wouldn't replace current BP with a stadium like that???

Might sound ridiculous but no, I'd rather have BP. We would be dwarfed inside it, there would be no atmosphere. I'd much rather have Boundary Park with the new stand than that stadium.

On Twitter last night there was a trend where everybody said their least favourite football stadium to visit; there were countless Stadium:mk shouts, in fact, I can guarentee there were more people saying Stadium:mk than Boundary Park was their least favourite stadium.

I hated their stadium after 1 visit, I can't imagine being there every week. There's so much more to stadiums than modernised facilities.

Victoria ground / Britannia Stadium

Burnden Park / Reebok

Roker Park / Stadium of Light

Baseball Ground / Pride Park etc.etc.etc.

All these stadiums had their doubters, I'll bet very few fans would want to go back.

Stadiums evolve and generate their own history, BP was new once!

Time to move on, can't wait for the old main stand and the Chaddy to come down eventually (and I have stood and sat in the Chaddy for 30 odd years). It's progress.

So you wouldn't replace current BP with a stadium like that???

Definitely not. The place has as much soul as the Arizona desert. Only not as hot. There were 4,126 there tonight, leaving almost 18,000 empty, but very comfortable, seats as I think it holds 22,000. And that tit Wankleman has plans to add another 10,000 on the capacity, I think. What a knob.

Nah, give me an older ground brought up to date bit by bit every time. The examples given above by Stainrod are valid ones, but look at the gates those clubs get. They wouldn't have had 4,000 there tonight. On the other side of the coin, look at Colchester's new ground. It's a bit Meccano, granted, but no atmosphere. You can't beat staying at your spiritual home IMHO.

Mind you, the Dongs don't have a spiritual home, unless you count the National Hockey Stadium. But AFC Wimbledon have plans to move back to Plough Lane, just a couple of hundred yards from where their spiritual home used to be. I wish them every success, especially on the weekend of 2nd/3rd December.

I hope there is a good game, AFC win, everyone gets home safely and then the ground falls down, destroying all copies of the insurance papers. And a horse bums Winkleman to death.

Just nearly wee'd a bit laughing at that.

You really do need to see a shrink with :censored: like that going through your mind!

I don't mind winkleman. He's just an idiot who shuldn't be let near a football club. No one likes MK, but the stick he has had for being completely out of touch and not understanding what he has done is a disgrace. Lost a lot of money, universally hated and he's still there. He's just a pillock, I can't hate the bloke for being an idiot rather than a bad bloke.

Winkleman said on TalkSport today:

“I can’t say I’m proud of the beginnings or my intent at the beginning. A club should never have to become homeless. What I’ve learned in this whole process is just how important the supporters are. The community is absolutely at the heart of everything we do. What we’ve learned at the end of the day is that supporters own clubs. I’m a custodian of the Club. The only way our name could change (dropping the ‘Dons’) would be if our supporters demanded it, and at the moment they do the opposite. The thing that I regret is how conflicting that had to be at the very beginning. The fact that I was naïve enough to think it would be an OK thing to do, once they’d been talked about to move. I’ve learned a hell of a lot."

I don't mind winkleman. He's just an idiot who shuldn't be let near a football club. No one likes MK, but the stick he has had for being completely out of touch and not understanding what he has done is a disgrace. Lost a lot of money, universally hated and he's still there. He's just a pillock, I can't hate the bloke for being an idiot rather than a bad bloke.

Your post may well be right - but sadly the horse can't read.

Your friendly MK Dons / Oldham supporter coming in peace.

Perhaps an alternative viewpoint on the MK / AFC situation.

http://www.mkdsa.co....cts-of-the-move

Hopefully a good read

It isn't. Wimbledon couldn't afford a squad to keep them in the Premiership, and they had trouble with the Council and Nimbys over building a new ground. Cry me a river.