Karl Robinson and FA Cup draw

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Franchise stuff was nonsense then and is now. Wimbledon were clearly going to die and the fact they were reborn as AFC is probably what would have happened anyway as it has numerous time since with Newport, Halifax, Chester etc. The real victims were whoever should have taken their place in the league having been promoted from the lower divsion. MKD short-ciruited that process and that should not have been allowed

Your friendly MK Dons / Oldham supporter coming in peace.

Perhaps an alternative viewpoint on the MK / AFC situation.

http://www.mkdsa.co....cts-of-the-move

Hopefully a good read

Not at all. Your lot just don't get it. Very few are saying Wimbledon should have survived, it wasn't financially viable. They should have been allowed to die in South London though, drop out the league and the next highest finishing club from each division bumped up to take their rightful place in the pyramid. Milton Keynes did the grand sum of :censored: all to earn a league side. They already had a non-league side, if there was appetite for league football then the town should have got behind them. Instead Winkleman stole another club's rightful place. They then had the nerve to initially try and keep Wimbledon's trophies and honours. They even keep the name to this date.

No matter how many trophies, how many promotions, how many people you fit inside your soulless bowl, you'll never have earned it. You just bought it. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen and real football fans will never forget that. I've no problems with MK having a football team, they should have just earned their place in the league like any other (like AFCW).

The Franchise stuff was nonsense then and is now. Wimbledon were clearly going to die and the fact they were reborn as AFC is probably what would have happened anyway as it has numerous time since with Newport, Halifax, Chester etc. The real victims were whoever should have taken their place in the league having been promoted from the lower divsion. MKD short-ciruited that process and that should not have been allowed

With hindsight, I cannot and will not disagree with the above. Unfortunately the forums and presentations did not put this argument on the table. it was all about the non viability of Wimbledon and the wish of Koppel to move the club to keep it solvent and Winkelman's aim to build a community club in MK.

I can't be sure but I don't think the football league or the judicial review actually brought up this point. I may appear naive or selfish but I did not appreciate this point of view at the time of the clubs move from London to MK.

I as well as other MK fans have tremondous respect to what WISA has done in getting AFC into the football league, however we do believe that they would have been in this position whether the club had moved to MK or remained in London and gone into administration.

I found it interesting and it's good to read some stuff that offers a different stance.

It doesn't offer a different stance... it's just a load of facts, all of which were already common knowledge,about how financially unstable Wimbledon were and how long a move or a merger had been in the pipeline. It doesn't mean what happened was justified.

The Nazis loved their propaganda.

Edited by longtimeblue

This is not Liverpool and Everton or Arsenal and Tottenham – that is about geography. This is not Rangers and Celtic – that is about religion. Frankly, AFC Wimbledon against Franchise FC is more important than that.

You what mate? :lol:

"We spent most of Monday night's replay against York City desperately trying to lose."

Presumably that means they wouldn't want to be promoted either. Time to move on

I'd guess it'd be a bit different if they got promoted, because they'd be meeting in the league on more of an equal footing. I suppose it rubs salt in the wound a bit if they meet in a cup tie as plucky little underdogs taking on a club that's bigger than them because they stole their place in the league.

I'd guess it'd be a bit different if they got promoted, because they'd be meeting in the league on more of an equal footing. I suppose it rubs salt in the wound a bit if they meet in a cup tie as plucky little underdogs taking on a club that's bigger than them because they stole their place in the league.

Except they didn't; they stole the place of whichever Conference sidfe woudl have got it when Wimbledon went bust. A real franchise situation would have existed if a perfectly healthy club had been moved because it could do better elsewhere.

Except they didn't; they stole the place of whichever Conference sidfe woudl have got it when Wimbledon went bust. A real franchise situation would have existed if a perfectly healthy club had been moved because it could do better elsewhere.

Wiki suggests that 58 clubs in England and Wales have gone bust. Many have suffered subsequent relegations. What's the difference?

Wiki suggests that 58 clubs in England and Wales have gone bust. Many have suffered subsequent relegations. What's the difference?

Not sure I understand the question. If Wimbledon had gone bust - which seems likely - then they would probably have reformed like many others have done and, who knows, may have followed a similar path to AFC. If that had happened then a club other than MKD would have got the place in the football league so whichever club that was is the club that had its place stolen.

Not sure I understand the question. If Wimbledon had gone bust - which seems likely - then they would probably have reformed like many others have done and, who knows, may have followed a similar path to AFC. If that had happened then a club other than MKD would have got the place in the football league so whichever club that was is the club that had its place stolen.

But what's to say that they would have gone out of of business, rather than gone through admin and come out? I just don't see why their inability to fund a guaranteed place in the Premiership and build a 50,000 seater stadium is any excuse for what happened. They could have cut their cloth and gone through relegations until they were at a stable point.