One step forward, two steps back

Brought himself a bit of time with a couple of really good performances. Deservedly got credit for them but the only consistency we've had is when we're poor. Could have got points from both Bury and Tranmere, not a lot in either game, but we didn't.

Decent bloke but changes needed. Fair play to Corney, he's not been rash, but how long do you give it? Going round in circles.

he's assembled a cracking team (attacking wise at least) and Baxter and Derbyshire are real coups for us but whats the point if we don't get results?

football is a results business and thats something Dickov simply hasn't got right. he's a nice bloke sure and I really wanted him to do well but its starting to look like we're getting sucked deeper and deeper into the relegation battle. if we do lose derbyshire, baxter and wabara in January we're screwed with Dickov in charge. Why not give a new manager with fresh ideas the chance to get the best out of these players, even if it is just for a month before we lose them?

if it doesn't work, it doesn't work but we can't keep ambling along, not getting results just because "he's a nice bloke" and "he signs good players"

I'd give him until January 1st. At that stage we can properly judge how well he has done with a team more than capable of being comfortably mid-table or above. If we are in or around the drop zone then we cut our losses and take a chance with a more experienced manager with an ugly but effective style until the end of the season to ensure we stay up.

But for the next couple of months replacing him is not worth the compensation or the wage that we pay the new guy and it's likely to unsettle the current bunch of players.

I'd give him until January 1st. At that stage we can properly judge how well he has done with a team more than capable of being comfortably mid-table or above. If we are in or around the drop zone then we cut our losses and take a chance with a more experienced manager with an ugly but effective style until the end of the season to ensure we stay up.

But for the next couple of months replacing him is not worth the compensation or the wage that we pay the new guy and it's likely to unsettle the current bunch of players.

He's had 2 years. Know what you mean but the cut-off point is now for me. On paper we're top. We've been blessed with with no njuries. Probably deserved more out of some of the games. Don't matter, languishing in the bottom half of the 3rd division. Boring me if I'm being honest.

He's had 2 years. Know what you mean but the cut-off point is now for me. On paper we're top. We've been blessed with with no njuries. Probably deserved more out of some of the games. Don't matter, languishing in the bottom half of the 3rd division. Boring me if I'm being honest.

Same here.

Each game I'm expecting us to lose or draw. We have quality in the side but for some reason the results are just not coming. Season after season, surviving relegation. Getting boring now.

We more than matched the best team in the league according to the table and but for a defensive lapse it would have ended 0-0. They had the chances to put us to the sword but missed them and brought a cracking save out of Bouzanis. On balance of the game a draw was the right result but on the balance of chances they deservedly took the three points even if it does stick in my craw to say so.

I'll add that this is based on my belief that we'll get 4 points from the next 3 games, hopefully giving Dickov one more chance to build on an OK run of form. If after Shrewsbury in 2 weeks we are still on 17 points I doubt that anyone will think that Dickov should keep his job.

also kept thinking 'one step forward two steps back.' not just this season but the whole two and a half years. perhaps two steps forward tow back. we're just going round in circles all the time. very frustrating.

Tranmere (cough, choke) deserved to win. They were well organised at the back, did the simple things well and didn't revert to hoof ball. They also created the better chances. Although we were never 'outclassed' we never looked like we were going to score. The goals was Monty's fault for not marking, but in the last five minutes of the first half they could have scored three. Also. hate to say it, but their fans really got behind the team.

i'll also risk being battered, but good luck to Ronnie. Personally, never had a problem with the guy.

As for PD, sadly the clock has started ticking again. this is a very talented team,but heads were starting to drop. We should be steaming up this league, but we're going backwards. i actually think Corney's comments were a sideways snipe at PD.

tick. tock...