Who should fill the boots?

I would like us to try taylor myself but don't think he will

Well at least he should be on the bench more which could in turn lead him in to making more first XI appearances. At the end of the day he's quite young and not very experienced, so there's no rush to put him in the first team, it would put a lot of pressure on him and hinder his overall performance

Edited by Jack Wight

Well at least he should be on the bench more which could in turn lead him in to making more first XI appearances. At the end of the day he's quite young and not very experienced, so there's no rush to put him in the first team, it would put a lot of pressure on him and hinder his overall performance

Your right he isn't very experienced, but i'd prefer him to the "experienced" Simpson or the simply useless Smith, give youth a try it sometimes brings pleasant surprises.

If they play like today does it matter? Half of the games ive seen derbyshire play his talent and strengths have been consistantly wasted.

Fkin long ball :censored:e or isolated with 2 or 3 defenders or just no support or service.

The second half vs doncaster at home where we played TO his strengths showed what we will miss but as i said - play like today and the best striker in the world would struggle.

If we're going long ball to Derbyshire (which, whether it is the fault of players or management, is a ridiculous thing to do) then we should play Smith next week. If the team are going to play direct then we should at least give them a blatantly obvious target to aim for. If the team won't play to Derbyshire's strengths then I certainly can't see them playing to Simpson's, which wlll do neither the club or player any favours.

• 3 weeks later...