Matt Smith's miss - pathetic response from RRE knobs

Guest Scratch2000uk

Scratch......Tricky was outstanding, but we also had Adams, Brennan also and don't forget the hard work Gunnar did up and down the wing. One guy who did a good job was Matthew Rush in his short time.

Indeed, i picked him out of that bunch as he scored a few from corners too. :OASISscarf:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, i picked him out of that bunch as he scored a few from corners too. :OASISscarf:

Scratch.......how did we miss David Eyres!!!

I truly believe Smithy would enjoy his crosses.........and he never came off the wing unless he took corners and free kicks.........Hey, sack fat bastard Taggart, dump Butler and bring Eyresy in as coach......he'd get them back to doing the simple things!!!

Guest Scratch2000uk

I truly believe Smithy would enjoy his crosses.........and he never came off the wing unless he took corners and free kicks.........Hey, sack fat bastard Taggart, dump Butler and bring Eyresy in as coach......he'd get them back to doing the simple things!!!

He's certainly up there with them too. :laught30: I'm sure he could do a better job than the shower of :censored:e we are having to put up with. :surrender:

I think the memory is playing tricks there Mike! He had the variant to his trick which took him inside and looking for a right footed curler (or as likely as not doing his trick and going outside again). He didn't do it often but enough to sow a seed of doubt. Same reason as I always thought Taylor needed to have a go outside once in a while even if he was usually going to cut in.

A mate came with me yesterday, because he wanted to visit our ground (weirdo, I know).

His unbiased view:

Baxter a cut above.

Smith well out of his depth.

Croft deceptively fast.

Byrne runs like a grandad who has seen the bus coming.

M'Changama not a winger.

Weslowski a great ball winner.

Bouzanis spends a lot of time whooping and getting carried away and not enough standing in the right positions.

Said that their #9 was the worst player on the pitch.

I think the memory is playing tricks there Mike! He had the variant to his trick which took him inside and looking for a right footed curler (or as likely as not doing his trick and going outside again). He didn't do it often but enough to sow a seed of doubt. Same reason as I always thought Taylor needed to have a go outside once in a while even if he was usually going to cut in.

You are right with his trick.......but my main point to highlight that he was the last winger we had who delivered a succession of quality crosses.

You are right with his trick.......but my main point to highlight that he was the last winger we had who delivered a succession of quality crosses.

I seem to remember Andy Liddell threatening to break records with his number of assists in the first season under Sheridan. Gregan, crossfield ball to Liddell, ball into the box, goal, was the general routine.

I seem to remember Andy Liddell threatening to break records with his number of assists in the first season under Sheridan. Gregan, crossfield ball to Liddell, ball into the box, goal, was the general routine.

But there lies a problem.......Liddell needed space to cross a ball as he had neither the trickery or the speed to pass a defender AND who in our present team could pick out that pass to give him that space ala Gregan. He would be useless in this team as a winger.