So who made the change ?

Never seen such a dramatic change in a team with a half time positional change as yesterday.

1st half we were devoid of any attacking ideas , had 4 full backs , defenders tackling each other and midfielders ball watching.

I was annoyed at halftime , not because we were one down but the fact we were heading out of the cup without so much as a fight.

2nd half - swop Simpson with Charabang , push Furman further up the pitch and get Grounds pushed further up and hey presto ,

Absolutely ripped them apart and could have scored 4 or 5 during that spell even when they had 11 men.

Question is - Who instigated the switch with Simpson and Charabang ??

Highly unlikely to be PD as this is just not one of his trademarks.

Could it have been TP ?????

If so lets hope the combination can work wonders because surely the believe is there now that having taken apart a decent championship side we can go on a secure a healthy league position.

Never seen such a dramatic change in a team with a half time positional change as yesterday.

1st half we were devoid of any attacking ideas , had 4 full backs , defenders tackling each other and midfielders ball watching.

I was annoyed at halftime , not because we were one down but the fact we were heading out of the cup without so much as a fight.

2nd half - swop Simpson with Charabang , push Furman further up the pitch and get Grounds pushed further up and hey presto ,

Absolutely ripped them apart and could have scored 4 or 5 during that spell even when they had 11 men.

Question is - Who instigated the switch with Simpson and Charabang ??

Highly unlikely to be PD as this is just not one of his trademarks.

Could it have been TP ?????

If so lets hope the combination can work wonders because surely the believe is there now that having taken apart a decent championship side we can go on a secure a healthy league position.

Difficult to tell, TP has the nounce, thats why Man Utd have chased him a couple of times to go intot their youth set up.

Iain Dowie wanted to take him to Palace as his right hand man..

If I was a betting man TP had it all written down for PD's halftime teamtalk....

Then again, what do we know about Mick Preist.

Philiskirk is tactically bright. He changes things around in youth matches . It seems he doesn't the man management aspects of senior players so maybe the pooling of PD doing this and TP inputting ideas could work.

But let's not assune 100% that Dickov hadn't seen the need for change of formation too. And it was he who put a rocket up the players at HT in terms of attitude.

Edited by LaticsPete

Unless we have a mole in the dressing room, we'll never know.

The thing is, this does highlight an issue with this backroom change. If the form & performances pjck up now, its going to be easy to say; from the outside looking in, that its all to do with TP being involved. Yesterdays changes may have been all Dickov's - but now TP is there; pkenty will assume its down to him instead of PD.

The other thing is, in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter who suggested or made the changes? As long as they're made?

The thing is, this does highlight an issue with this backroom change. If the form & performances pjck up now, its going to be easy to say; from the outside looking in, that its all to do with TP being involved. Yesterdays changes may have been all Dickov's - but now TP is there; pkenty will assume its down to him instead of PD.

The other thing is, in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter who suggested or made the changes? As long as they're made?

I wonder if the changes would have been made if we had the previous backroom staff?

Agree totally. As long as results pick up, it doesn't matter who has been the catalyst for it all. What I think has been noticeable though is the change in urgency and sense of authority that comes from the bench. PD has always been synonymous with enthusiasm and energy and I like that this is better reflected by other people on the bench.

I really couldn't care less about WHO made the change, I'm just pleased that we DID make the change.

It can be a positive from either angle.

If Philiskirk initiated the change then it means Dickov has a great mentor that is teaching him directly, pretty much what was wanted by the sackings of last week.

If Dickov made the change it shows that he's progressing.

It's all good.

I thought the change was made just before half time.

It was the most blindingly obvious requirement. Without it I think we'd have even on the end of a major mullering. My guess is TP was behind it. If TP is as tactically bright as some believe then e is exactly the right candidate to replace GT - astute without wanting to undermine (or aspire to be) manager.

A bemused mate checked his texts after the game. He was slightly puzzled at the one I sent saying "this is :censored:", not realising it was sent at half time.

After the third I was also a little bit disappointed that we sat so deep, especially against 10 men. Not the end of the world, but amidst the euphoria we do need to give a little more thought about how we take on 10 men and retain the ball better.

Edited by opinions4u

The final decision is the managers

he made have had advice from his TP or someone else but its down to him at the end of the day

TBF it was an obvious change - if you couldnt see that was a problem after 15 mins you know nothing about the game so PD will have spotted it, how to change it though may have been a discussion for them to have

lets not try and take yesterday away from PD because Taggert and Butler may have done nothing to help for the last 12 months

well done PD and the current backroom staff