Temporary stand on Lookers?

There's probably money to be made, but not that much.

Even with a monster 5,000 seat thing you'd gross £100k, allowing for kids prices etc. Deduct the cost, half the proceeds and what's left?

Agreed, but 'not that much' for a club like Oldham is good money. Need to milk the tie for every last penny.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probably money to be made, but not that much.

Even with a monster 5,000 seat thing you'd gross £100k, allowing for kids prices etc. Deduct the cost, half the proceeds and what's left?

The lookers paddock only held 1200 seats so thats the maximum you would get in now. at £20 per tichet take off vat and an allowance for kids & oap's and you average will be £13 giving income of £15,600. We cannot deduct this cost from the takings as a match cost and so will only keep 40% of that figure or around £6,200. You cant put 1200 temp seats in for that so the club would lose money.

Sorry this wont happen

The lookers paddock only held 1200 seats so thats the maximum you would get in now. at £20 per tichet take off vat and an allowance for kids & oap's and you average will be £13 giving income of £15,600. We cannot deduct this cost from the takings as a match cost and so will only keep 40% of that figure or around £6,200. You cant put 1200 temp seats in for that so the club would lose money.

Sorry this wont happen

So Chasetown made a loss?

Agreed, but 'not that much' for a club like Oldham is good money. Need to milk the tie for every last penny.

Surely the costs of building a temporary stand, turnstiles and toilets as well as hiring the extra staff would use up a fair bit of that money though?

Then again, I'm no financial expert.

Forget temporary stands. To maximise finances we need to put a voucher on the gate against Brentford for paying customers.

It's cheap and effective and as a season ticket holder, I think we should get priority for one ticket each.

We need to put a hold on £10 kids ST's until February too.

From Twitter, after a chat with Corney:

@MENOAFC: Couple of things on draw. #lfc (if them) will be entitled to large section of RRE and Lookers' paddock cannot be opened for standing. #oafc

Which case them large section, us small section which will give us around just over 7500 seats I think? Easy enough for us to fill giving we took 6000 to there last season, and we had to ask for extra on top of the 6k.

That's possible even if some people argue police cost/advice. We've had it spilt like that before when Leicester came up in L1 so no reason as to why it's not possible again.

If it can't be done for whatever reason, it would be nice for someone from the club to come and say that they've at least considered it.

No harm in being proactive.

They already have today. Not saying its ruled out yet (the draw was less than 2 hours ago) but it initially looks unrealistic

They did put a couple of temp stands up though. Think the one we were in was 500 capacity. If I remember right it was only a tenner to get in too.

Exactly - they wouldn't have done it if they were going to make a loss.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. I'm sure you've got more experience than I have

No, they've come out and said there won't be standing, not seating.

This is a discussion board and whilst I repsect your opinion, there are things that go on in the background that dont always come out into the open and which you wouldn't be aware of. I am aware there are already discussions going on behind the scenes about this already and that is what I am referring to.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. I'm sure you've got more experience than I have

I wouldn't say I have any superior knowledge of building things (at all). But I do know that I sat in the thing.

They might have made a loss on it though. If I remember rightly, the game was televised subject to Chasetown playing at home, and them not moving it to a nearby bigger ground. For them to play at home they had to erect the stands. So the TV money probably made it worthwhile.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

I wouldn't say I have any superior knowledge of building things (at all). But I do know that I sat in the thing.

They might have made a loss on it though. If I remember rightly, the game was televised subject to Chasetown playing at home, and them not moving it to a nearby bigger ground. For them to play at home they had to erect the stands. So the TV money probably made it worthwhile.

Exactly and if ESPN/ITV said the same then that may make a difference but for a club like us without that insentive, it initially appears to not make sense but watch this space as they say

A temporary stand for me is a no brainer, a 3000 seater at an average of 15 quid a head is 45 grand in revenue, add extra food and programme sales, possibly extra merchandise sales, and even charge an extra quid on top of normal ticket prices if you have to and the club will make a profit on this. Edit- may I also add that if the game is televised then maybe the chance to sponser the temporary stand for such a big televised game may be appealing to some companies

Edited by 4froale