Matt Smith

let's be honest, Matt Smith isn't a very good footballer...

but today he played to his strengths and fully deserved a MOTM performance. Outplayed the Liverpool defence! (and against Forest)

from the way he wheeled off for Wabara's goal and from my low position in the Chaddy, until i got home I thought he had a hat-trick!

What do you mean not a very good footballer? What makes a good footballer?

I mean, everybody has a role, strikers aren't normally very good at defending, same with Wingers, who only have to be quick and have a decent delivery to be "good" As a target man, Matt Smith easily falls in to the "good footballer" category for me, he's a big, strong unit, who has massively improved in the air and really throws himself about up there, playing with passion and commitment. So for me, he is a good target man who still has room to improve!

What do you mean not a very good footballer? What makes a good footballer?

I mean, everybody has a role, strikers aren't normally very good at defending, same with Wingers, who only have to be quick and have a decent delivery to be "good" As a target man, Matt Smith easily falls in to the "good footballer" category for me, he's a big, strong unit, who has massively improved in the air and really throws himself about up there, playing with passion and commitment. So for me, he is a good target man who still has room to improve!

I agree, it wasn't said in a derogatory way, he's definitely not a bad player. but he's a player who isn't very technical and has had to improve a lot recently and fair play to him because he's becoming very effective.

whatever he does, Latics fans will always remember Matty Smith though for beating Liverpool!

Matthew Smith has looked so poor in so many games, but, his display yesterday was unbelievable. He won everything and never stopped battling as the Liverpool players moaned and winged. Did they expect us to let them play ?

Well played Matt, more of the same please....