New No.2

Corney's in an awkward position. He either backs Dickov, hires a number two, and releases funds for signings ASAP or he sacks him soon, hires a replacement, and releases funds to him.

Maybe the funds will only stretch to loans so timing hires to happen before the window closes isn't a problem, but I think we could use even loans ASAP given the paper-thin squad and current injuries and absences.

Don't see it being Royle and I can't see Dickov accepting it if it was. Be a bit awkward and fairly undermining for him to have a club legend as his supposed subordinate.

+1.

If the Chemistry wasn't right with the previous 3 - in no way would it be right with Joe as a Number 2 to Dickov.

Or an alternative option could possibly to be to keep the existing set up for the first team and bring in somebody on a temporary basis until the end of the season to cover TP's duties in the youth team.

If Corney decides he wants Dickov to stay then let him bring in new backroom staff, if he dispenses with his services then whoever comes in to replace him isn't stuck with the backroom team of his predecessor.

Given that TP was clear as day the brains yesterday - calling all the shots on the touchline - and that him, Mick Priest and Dickov all seemed exceptionally close at the end I would suggest that's likely to be the setup until Dickov moves on...