Don't kid yourselves

if your opinion was of a squad that you watched in the last 40 years or of one of the squads you saw with your season ticket then I would take your then qualified opinion into account.

But....

You obviously saw us beat Liverpool last week and decided to watch today based on that result but as you yourself stated, you had not been to a game in the last 2 years, which means you have not seen Baxter play on a regular basis or you cant tell how Wes did at Scunny or Furman in the first ten games of the season or how much Smith has improved or Cisak...............i could go on but you get the point

so your judgment off THIS team getting relegated THIS season is based on Liverpool and today at Walsall

So no disrepected intended But hey ho

i can understand where he is coming from,i am a season ticket holder i didnt go today and i cant get to a lot of away games due to working on sat mornings,but given the choice this season i would rather work than throw money away on a bad day out,and before you say have i done this season,yes i have,i went to carlisle on a tues night and watched a totally pathetic team put in a crap performance,and having been to every home game this season the only outcome i can see is relegation unless corney grows a sackfull of balls and gets rid of pd, but hey ho obviously your happy with that

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep what faith Corney? Tell the truth property dealing :censored:.

Tell you what Derek, rather than throwing out vague allusions to something, why don't you "tell the truth" and explain exactly what you are on about?

It's all moral high ground with you Derek but how does that sit with this sort of smoke and mirrors allegation?

For once, actually say something in plain, clear terms.

Or will you hide behind an excuse?

i can understand where he is coming from,i am a season ticket holder i didnt go today and i cant get to a lot of away games due to working on sat mornings,but given the choice this season i would rather work than throw money away on a bad day out,and before you say have i done this season,yes i have,i went to carlisle on a tues night and watched a totally pathetic team put in a crap performance,and having been to every home game this season the only outcome i can see is relegation unless corney grows a sackfull of balls and gets rid of pd, but hey ho obviously your happy with that

where did I say I was happy with relegation????

after watching 20 plus :censored: performance this season, I think we have a chance of going down.

If i had watched 1 game in 2 years, I wouldnt be telling everyone that we are :censored: and are going down no questions though because I would not seen enough of the players and team to judge that.

You cant judge a whole season off 1 game and I am far from happy with the situation but hey ho if you dont read things properly......

We won't go down even if Corney sticks with Dickov for the rest of the season. There are 4 worse teams than us in this league.

Last season and the season before would have been a different story however. Think that's one of the things that's most disappointing with Dickov. This season we had the capabilities to be challenging for promotion with a bit of luck; however, Dickov hasn't improved much, if at all, in 3 years so we are in a relegation fight (again).

I don't know any truth, but like you all I have an opinion.

Other than the rescue at the last moment, I fail to see anything positive that Corney or before him TTA have done to progress the club in any way shape or form.

I have a gut feeling, and it is a gut feeling that won't go away.

yeah they have spent to keep us in Division Three, but the ambition smacks of keep them going until the covenant expires.

Sign Beckett, knock a stand down. Sack our best manger for years to protect a :censored:ing con from further shame. Even more shame for being even interested in him, never mind signing him.

What do I want to hear from the chairman?

A cast iron promise that the club will be safe from his and his cronies land buying venture for many years to come.

That BP won't be a housing estate in our lifetimes.

I am absolutely gutted to have found myself in in a position that I was comfortable walking away from the club in the last few years.

I think it is unforgivable the way they (TTA) have run the club into the ground over the last seven years.

I don't have truth, only an opinion, but it sticks so much in my craw that I found it relatively easy to go.

I miss it every single week, I really do.

I still won't go back to BP until changes at the top are made. For me, that's the canker not the succession of failed managers.

So, Derek you think the "property plan" was to invest £6m or so, then another £3-4m over a 10 year period, all to get a return of £?m after more than 10 years? well, it won't be a lot back and there were far better options at the time, over the past 10 years and even now.

And on that thin veneer of evidence, you have made yourself judge, jury and executioner. How would you feel if people judged YOU on the same basis?

Evidence doesn't matter, facts are irrelevant = tinpot dictator in the making. Take a look at yourself, I thought you were better than that, you probably think so too.

No idea Nige.

Like I said, a gut feeling.

Some had it with Moore, some didn't.

Only time will tell.

So far as being important nah, not me, well in a Latics sense anyway.

My wife, my cat , my dog, yeah I am important to them; my employers I would even say yes they think I am important.

Latics - I'm nothing other than a saddened former loyal fan hoped for a good day out without being labelled a glory hunter.

Enjoy with your band of ever shrinking 'better than yous'.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

We won't go down even if Corney sticks with Dickov for the rest of the season. There are 4 worse teams than us in this league.

Last season and the season before would have been a different story however. Think that's one of the things that's most disappointing with Dickov. This season we had the capabilities to be challenging for promotion with a bit of luck; however, Dickov hasn't improved much, if at all, in 3 years so we are in a relegation fight (again).

I keep reading this from various posters, but really, it's self-deluded crap!

Latics' form must now be the worst in the league, so that means what it says on the tin...Latics are the worst team in League One.

I keep reading this from various posters, but really, it's self-deluded crap!

Latics' form must now be the worst in the league, so that means what it says on the tin...Latics are the worst team in League One.

as long as we are not one of the 4th worst teams over the full season, at the moment thats all that matters which just shows how :censored: things have been

Edited by palmer1

as long as we are not one of the 4th worst teams over the full season, at the moment thats all that matters which just shows how :censored: things have been

Hopefully, we won't be.

The whole :censored:**g situation is draining me...I was full of optimism after the recent week and it all went out the window in the space of one hour!

Have you even looked at the table? We're in bottom four. Colchester are FIVE points clear of us with a game in hand and they're 6th bottom.

We can't even buy a win, unless a team of millionaires trot into town.

I really can't see us staying up this season.

Have you even looked at the table? We're in bottom four. Colchester are FIVE points clear of us with a game in hand and they're 6th bottom.

We can't even buy a win, unless a team of millionaires trot into town.

I really can't see us staying up this season.

We can finish 10 points behind 6th bottom as long as we finish 5th bottom, we will be playing League 1 football again next season.

What an armchair supporting :censored: you are Derek.

I don't agree with a word he says but that's a little harsh, isn't it?

People are entitled to their opinion but it does get me how some can question Corney's motives. If must be the slowest 'get rich quick' scheme in history, especially one where multi-millions have been "invested" and the return is probably similar to or less than what has been spent.

Their plan was always to buy the club to then sell the land and make a profit. However this included building a new stadium, making that profitable and self-sufficient to also sell on for a further profit and have fun running that club along the way. It happened as economic downturn led to the land becoming less profitable, red tape and nimbys killing every new stadium idea and the constant failure by every new manager killing their plans on the pitch.

Great businessmen in the world of telecoms maybe but unsuccessful football club owners definitely..... if you're judging success on the pitch, the new stadium and self-sufficiency. However succeeding in keeping this club afloat despite apathy of locals, dwindling attendances and the absence of billionaires willing to buy the club then definitely....and Corney deserves recognition and praise from the town of Oldham for continuing to achieve the immediate future running of our club!

Oh and Shez could have been one of our most successful managers but he was instrumental in his own downfall and you can't blame Corney for that. Lee Hughes helped in Shez being successful but the culture in the club that led to the exit of Huges and Shez was within the changing room rather than boardroom. Corney had to take necessary action and had the next manager been successful then I'm sure people wouldn't be throwing the same accusations around.

Still interested in knowing what you think Corney could/should have done better and how you think this club could have prospered without Corney at the helm?

On the back of last weeks tremendous win, I decided to shuffle

my backside down to Walsall to break my exile of two years.

That is team that is going down.

No balls at all. After the first fifteen minutes they were absolutely awful.

Muppet chairman. Clueless manager. Don't give a :censored: players.

Broke my :censored:ing heart.

classic derek classic...it

On the back of last weeks tremendous win, I decided to shuffle

my backside down to Walsall to break my exile of two years.

That is team that is going down.

No balls at all. After the first fifteen minutes they were absolutely awful.

Muppet chairman. Clueless manager. Don't give a :censored: players.

Broke my :censored:ing heart.

's about time you entered into politics your wasted on these message boards ...i'm sure that they modelled komarovski in the film dr zhivago on your own personal profile..tell em as it is derek lad