Help Needed

I follow REcreativo Huelva.

Having stayed at Huelva in 2003. . REcre were in La Liga and Played Barca whilst me & Mrs Singe were there. Although the ground is not far away, REcre stayed in the Hotel. They played well too.

When the Plastics went and played them I was gutted, presumably they have some of those half and half scarves.

Still, I am no glory hunter and I look out for their result every week, thin and thinner and all that.

That was the season Celtic got to the UEFA Cup Final, and millions of them descended on the hotel. There was no trouble, just :censored:ing loud till all hours. Not the best for a supposed family hotel. Never used First Choice since.

I reckon that is as close to a LAtics connection as you will get, and they don't even play in La Liga!

Have you seen the http://www.soccer-spain.com/index.php website?

Very quick updates on the scores, results and tables.

In English.

When Bilbao adopted the English name Athletic, Oldham Athletic was the only British Club with that name.

The supporter in the Basque hat proudly wears a Latics badge.

5736558490_24fc2565f3.jpg

Athletic Bilbao is said to be more than a football club, it is a feeling, and as such its ways of operating often escape rational analysis. It sees itself as unique in world football and this defines its identity. It does not say that it is either better or worse than others, merely different. It is the most exclusive club in world football and proud of it, because it only allows the sons of its soil to represent the club. So if you're not Basque, you can't play for the club. It has a saying: “Con cantera y aficion, no hace falta importacion”. It translates as: “With home-grown talent and local support, you don't need foreigners”. In so doing it stands out as a sporting entity, not a business.

Set of pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/sets/72157626769237152/with/5736558490/

Some days it can be amazing where the internet takes you. eg Diego's post above.

Although the connections are much more Sunderland based.7I was looking up Recre, see above about the Recre manager in their 2003 great season, and where he went.

He went to RC Santander.

I noticed a former manager was Fred Pentland, many years ago.

He also used to manage Athletic Bilbao and a number of other clubs.

At the same time as looking up him, Diego's post came up.

Fred Pentland certainly has an inspiring and amazing story. He's even a former England Manager!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Pentland

I have realised I watch a lot of La Liga (a welcome break from the manure driven prem league)

I am trying to decide what team to follow, can anyone give me any strenuous links from Latics to a La Liga side?

Thanks for your help

if you need any help in looking for a team to support in spain look no further than malaga,they have a big following of expats at their games,they are called the guiriarmy and have their own part of the ground at la roselada,i lived just outside malaga for four years and still support them

if you need any help in looking for a team to support in spain look no further than malaga,they have a big following of expats at their games,they are called the guiriarmy and have their own part of the ground at la roselada,i lived just outside malaga for four years and still support them

And cheaper to get there than a First Bus ticket to Manchester. :unsure: