Dickov's gone (confirmed)

I think were all agreed that Dickov was a great guy, and i personally really wanted him to do well. But as weve heard time and time again its a results business and were doing :censored:e in the league. The players stopped trying for him, and admiration to Dickov hes stepped aside so that someone can save our demise.

All the best paul

As others above have said, it's sad that it came to this but it had to happen.

He was a great ambassador for our club and has left us with some good memories of his time here, but he isn't developed enough as a manager to do this job in it's current state.

I really hope he does well in the future as a coach, manager or whatever. But even if he does I won't look back and think "what might've been" for us if he did stay.

Thanks Paul.

I never given two tosses about any of the managers we've lost over the last 15 years but I have to say I'm gutted that he's gone as, like the majority of Latics fans, desperately wanted him to succeed.

One thing is for sure is that he'll get a warm welcome when he comes back with another team.

The one sour note is the attitude expressed by his idiot mate Savage that he should walk and now so he can leave with his head held high and not got a relegation on his CV ????? Got his way then.

Club issues statement

After yesterday's defeat to Walsall, Paul Dickov has decided that for the good of Oldham Athletic Football Club, it is best that he steps aside.

Following the memorable wins against Nottingham Forest and Liverpool, when the squad proved what they were capable of, Paul had hoped these would be the catalyst to improved results in npower League One, but this has proved not to be the case.

He has been disappointed at the level of commitment and performances and feels that a change is needed if the club is to survive in League One.

In nearly three years, Paul has shown his tremendous potential as a manager and the board of directors would like to express their appreciation for his commitment, both to the club and the fans.

Everyone at the club wishes Paul and his family all the best for the future.

link http://www.oldhamath...one-636161.aspx posted up as site hanging.

once again the fans get what they want.. the next manager will last about 12 months and get the sack ..it's no wonder people stopped going to bp with such unstability....my heart bleeds purple piss for the supporters of the latics

Sad day, but it has been coming. Lets be honest; it would not have been unjust if he'd have been sacked after say the Coventry game. We've been so poor for too long a time frame. The decent first 4/5 months of his reign turned out to be a flash in the pan, and latterly he's shown he just hasnt got it in him to turn it around. This was for the best for both us as a club and for his career.

That said. He's a genuinely nice bloke who obviously tried his best during his time here. This feels different to recent managers leaving; Penney et all. I'm genuinely upset it hasnt worked out, but this was for the best all round.

Thanks for the Liverpool game and thanks for giving it a right good go Paul. All the best for the future.

once again the fans get what they want.. the next manager will last about 12 months and get the sack ..it's no wonder people stopped going to bp with such unstability....my heart bleeds purple piss for the supporters of the latics

What a load of crap. I never heard the Dickov out chants and everyone wanted him to succeed. He has had plenty of time to put things right. For whatever reason it is not working. There is still a huge chance we could go down even with a new man in charge but we have to try something different with just 16 games to go to avoid the drop.