Dickov's gone (confirmed)

Although his record hasn't been great, I feel fairly down about this. Can't question his commitment or passion for the club, which -given his predecessors - meant quite a lot.

Thanks for the first few months and a handful of high pressing, quick tempo performances since then.

Best of luck, dickov

I wanted Dickov to do well. He said the right things and brought in good players. But for whatever reason he hasn't been able to inspire or organise the players to perform in the league. A change was needed.

Thanks for the hard work and sorry it didn't work out. Hopefully the change will work out for the best for both parties.

I genuinely wanted him to succeed, his first 6 months were like a breath of fresh air. Something changed, we let Dale Stephens go and we were never the same team of pressing high up the pitch getting bodies in the box. We have seen it in fleeting glimpses but all too irregular. If i'm honest we should have parted company at the end of last season after another half season collapse. The timing was right, we have 16 games to save ourselves. I thank you for your efforts Paul but this has been coming for a while. Good Luck to you in the future....

I'd have asked him to move upstairs, in a sort of head of recruitment / director of football role.

Its a shame its not worked out for him because he's a genuinely good guy, but for the good of the football club I love, then im glad he's done the honourable thing.

Thanks Paul, all the best!

I think this was something none of us wanted to happen, but we all knew it had to happen! Great guy, can't doubt his passion and commitment for the club and he gave us some great days that we won't forget. But it definitely had to happen now!

Dickov said in Friday's Chron:

"Nobody needs to tell me we need to pick up results in the league. We go down there with a lot of confidence, but also knowing league form hasn't been great. It has to start picking up.

I’m humble - but also confident in my own ability.

The boys have gone on record saying how much they back me. I'd rather they kept their mouths shut and got a result."

The players let him down once too often and he has accepted that he cannot get them to do their job, which is a fundamental requirement of a manager.

Good luck for the future Paul.

Sad to see him go but It is for the best of the club.

Nobody can doubt the commitment he put into his job, that will be something I will always respect him for and every defeat hurt him as much as it hurt us. I'm sure under the right guidance pd could be a success in the future and I really hope he does. Thanks for the memories Paul and good luck for the future.

Dickov said in Friday's Chron:

The boys have gone on record saying how much they back me. I'd rather they kept their mouths shut and got a result." [/

They'd do well to remember this in future.

The next few weeks are going to be tough. Roll your sleeves up time. Less talk, more action.

It is sad to see him go but we all knew this had to happen. I think the players need to have a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are doing enough. When they figure out they aren't they need to pull their fingers out and start getting results or they will all be out of jobs soon as well, because im pretty sure at the end of this season not too many mangers will be shopping at bp!

i hoped the bad run would end soon and sort itself out, because PD has what it takes to be a manager. But however likable he is, a run of LLLLDLLLL is always going to be bad news and we can only wish him well for his next job.

Cheers Dickov, bought in some good players, won some good games and played some good football.