Surreal moment last night.

Got home after the match to find I had been burgled. Not that much of value taken but they had turned the house upside down emptying out just about every drawer. Main thing was my late dad's watch, Vinny Hall would have loved yesterday.

Anyway, I'm not posting looking for sympathy. It was just very strange sat watching a rerun of the game with a SOCO dusting for fingerprints around me. Certainly the weirdest circumstances I've watched us play under.

The thieves were thick bastards because they left all my Latics tops (including 1990 Bovis) and my bottle of Andy Ritchie testimonial wine.

Speaking of surreal moments..... I was in Lower Main Stand yesterday, and a Latics fan two rows in front of me was getting, let's say, extremely excited by some of Mr Dowd's refereeing decisions. At one point the fan ran down to the barrier and hurled abuse at Dowd, who told himto sit down and shut up!! In nearly 50 years of watching football I've never seen anything like it!!

Got home after the match to find I had been burgled. Not that much of value taken but they had turned the house upside down emptying out just about every drawer. Main thing was my late dad's watch, Vinny Hall would have loved yesterday.

Anyway, I'm not posting looking for sympathy. It was just very strange sat watching a rerun of the game with a SOCO dusting for fingerprints around me. Certainly the weirdest circumstances I've watched us play under.

The thieves were thick bastards because they left all my Latics tops (including 1990 Bovis) and my bottle of Andy Ritchie testimonial wine.

Sorry to hear that Mikey, and hopefully the tossers are caught.

Like how nothing can dampen your spirit.

CAn I check, do you mean that the only thing of real value (ie sentimental) was your dads watch?

If so get on to all the pawnbrokers in the area, it may well turn up there and 90% are legit and will call the police if it turns up.

Edited by singe

He was legendary for leaving early to "beat the traffic" . He scarred my youngest brother and his best mate (a 12 year old Mike Keegan) for life when he left the Sheffield Wednesday end of season game in 91, missing the last 2 goals. Mike wrote a piece for the programme about it. He would have missed Smith's equaliser yesterday, I turned round to celebrate with our kid and he wasn't there, it must be in the genes.

Speaking of surreal moments..... I was in Lower Main Stand yesterday, and a Latics fan two rows in front of me was getting, let's say, extremely excited by some of Mr Dowd's refereeing decisions. At one point the fan ran down to the barrier and hurled abuse at Dowd, who told himto sit down and shut up!! In nearly 50 years of watching football I've never seen anything like it!!

That was me. :grin:

Love abusing the ref but that's the first time I've had a response like that. Was a bit surprised he could hear me in that atmosphere

Sorry to hear that Mikey, and hopefully the tossers are caught.

Like how nothing can dampen your spirit.

CAn I check, do you mean that the only thing of real value (ie sentimental) was your dads watch?

If so get on to all the pawnbrokers in the area, it may well turn up there and 90% are legit and will call the police if it turns up.

The watch is gold so double pisser, plus a laptop, a kindle and some cash.

Iwas it the same guy that fell through the gate when we scored.so funny.