TV Cash

where does the figure- come from we have made 700,000 from the cup. i get it too? 1.2 million with t.v. and matches so far! i have included the everton replay, with t.v. and a 30,000 crowd! all in - and taking the expenses out.... we should surely be up to, a million profit, after the toffees replay.

The live broadcast fees and highlights fees are paid to both clubs. The fees rise as you progress through the rounds. Replay fees seem to be 50% of the original fixture fee. Chelsea and Brentford only got £67k on Sunday, half of our fee against Liverpool and much less than the fee we got for the Everton game. A good replay is therefore much better value for the broadcaster.

Our problem for the replay is that Chelsea go to Middlesborough that day. Hopefully because we have produced such good television and the Chelsea game will cost twice as much they will go with us for the replay. If not I think we will be compensated to some extent by a higher attendance.

The live broadcast fees and highlights fees are paid to both clubs. The fees rise as you progress through the rounds. Replay fees seem to be 50% of the original fixture fee. Chelsea and Brentford only got £67k on Sunday, half of our fee against Liverpool and much less than the fee we got for the Everton game. A good replay is therefore much better value for the broadcaster.

Our problem for the replay is that Chelsea go to Middlesborough that day. Hopefully because we have produced such good television and the Chelsea game will cost twice as much they will go with us for the replay. If not I think we will be compensated to some extent by a higher attendance.

TV could show both games and put one on ITV4

They cannot show Middlesbrough v Chelsea as it's not a replay, the 5th round quota has been used.

Edited by BP1960