Stevenage - Starting XI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football, a funny old game

Somebody decided (in good faith) that Furman and Tarkowski would not have been in their starting 11 and they both score

Who next please

I know it was me.What a pillock! I should have listened on the radio and then I wouldn't have made the silly comments I did, would I ? ^_^

Edited by astottie

I did fancy our chances tonight with Stevenage struggling lately, poor home form and us doing well in last couple of games, but to be honest with those team changes and going one down after 10 I thought we were in big trouble. However we have a lot going for us at the moment - strongest squad we've had all season (you would have brought any of that bench on except for Millar), 2 good wins ( and performances) on the bounce, good team spirit and ability to come back from behind and a manager who really seems to have the magic touch at the moment. I've stopped typing for 10 minutes to listen to a magnificent interview on Radio Manchester with TP. If they do iplayer and you can listen to it again then do , it's excellent. I think 2 weeks ago we agreed 7/8 wins out of 16 would do it. 2 out of 2 ain't a bad start.

COYB!!!

What has Tarky done wrong to warrent suggestions he should have been rested tonight.Can only say two wins a draw and tonights winner. Keep it up Tarky and maybe you can drop the tag of being the whipping boy.

sorry John that was me. When I posted ten minutes inI said I was worried about the team changes, I then said I wouldn't have played Furman, just after he'd scored. I was being ironic. Similarly when Tarky scored and we we went 2-1 up I said I would have rested Tarky. I was trying to be funny. Obviously it didn't work and i am very sorry.

Was a bit worried when I heard team news but Tony P TRUSTS players in the squad! Always the thing that annoyed me about Dickov; asking Corney to give contracts to players then never giving them a chance. Now all players know they have to earn the shirt. A few dodgy kicks from Bouzanis on Saturday and he's out. Tony doesn't do favourites

sorry John that was me. When I posted ten minutes inI said I was worried about the team changes, I then said I wouldn't have played Furman, just after he'd scored. I was being ironic. Similarly when Tarky scored and we we went 2-1 up I said I would have rested Tarky. I was trying to be funny. Obviously it didn't work and i am very sorry.

My apologies for being slow on the uptake. Tarky has been slaughtered on some post just thought he needs a break and some support.

My apologies for being slow on the uptake. Tarky has been slaughtered on some post just thought he needs a break and some support.

I would agree.I think hes got an awful lot going for him and I rate him hugely. In 5 minutes on Saturday we saw the high and lows of his ability, Firstly Jevalic broke and Tarky ran after him looking like he was running thru treacle, then he hit THAT pass to Simpson. If he had reasonable pace he wouldn't be playing for us but I think he might have a very good carer in front of him. And well done TP on picking him, as has been said on here before PD didn't fancy him.

Edited by astottie

Fantastic result this evening what more can we ask for 6pts out of 6 in the league, and hopefully 9 when Pompey come calling on Sat. TP is doing one hell of a job considering the mess we where in when he took full control.

Some felt that Winchester coming off for Wes was key, I felt more that although it was no bad move, we just started playing properly in the second half. Tarky had one of his lapses for the goal against, although others could also have done better, and he was very good thereafter. Crofty ran his splendid arse off again and was fouled for fun with no help from the ref, Smithy became more and more of a problem, and even nearly scored with his feet! and Grounds was excellent once more. Game of two halves.