Your favourite moment of the cup run...

Despite there being some great memories from the games against the Merseyside teams, this was my favourite moment of our cup run. Being part of the pandemonium in the away end after this goal was sensational. In the space of 5 minutes between Simpsons 2 goals my emotions went from total hopelessness to sheer ecstasy.

Smith's equaliser against Everton is a close 2nd.

The cottage pie at Kidderminster came 3rd! :wink:

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite there being some great memories from the games against the Merseyside teams, this way my favourite moment of our cup run. Being part of the pandemonium in the away end after this goal was sensational. In the space of 5 minutes between Simpsons 2 goals my emotions went from total hopelessness to sheer ecstasy.

Smith's equaliser against Everton is a close 2nd.

The cottage pie at Kidderminister came 3rd! :wink:

Yep Forest away was special!!

I've got to say second half v Forest.

No stress because we knew we'd won. So loud, proud and such a turn around from the shocking first half.

Liverpool and Everton at home were brilliant but both were tainted by being so worried about keeping the lead/getting a goal back!

Although, staying behind for 20 mins after the match to sing OLE OLE OLE OLE MATTY SMITH SMITH SMITH was fantastic.

The full time whistle vs Liverpool. My dad only goes to home games (he went tonight though). He was ill last season and missed Anfield. Ive gone to games with him since I was 5.

He didnt go to the goodison win 5 years ago again because of illness.

When the final whistle went, before I was on the pitch he hugged me and said "WE DID IT, WE ACTUALLY DID IT!"

We never dreamt in a million years we would do Liverpool. We have seen the good, the bad, the ugly and the down right minging over the last few years and that moment Ill never forget.

Probably the best moment Ive ever had as a latics fan.

Edited by pukka

The final whistle against Liverpool. I was at Anfield when the ref played 10 minutes of extra time in which they scored 2 goals to nick it 2-1. I've never seen us beat them and I doubt I ever will again. If I could bottle the feeling I had after that game and then sell it I'd be a billionaire.

The full time whistle vs Liverpool. My dad only goes to home games (he went tonight though). He was ill last season and missed Anfield. Ive gone to games with him since I was 5.

When the final whistle went, before I was on the pitch he hugged me and said "WE DID IT, WE ACTUALLY DID IT!"

We never dreamt in a million years we would do Liverpool. We have seen the good, the bad, the ugly and the down right minging over the last few years and that moment Ill never forget.

This is why it's so special to support Latics.

I've a few memories with my own dad from back in the day, they shaped me as a person.

Real football is great, real supporters are priceless - and Latics still have a few thousand real supporters.

This is why it's so special to support Latics.

I've a few memories with my own dad from back in the day, they shaped me as a person.

Real football is great, real supporters are priceless - and Latics still have a few thousand real supporters.

In all this Pandemonium we've forgot that Kidderminster was a really good away game. We got to go to a ground we've not played at (not for a while anyway?) against a non league side under 2 hours away, we stood on a terrace, made a fair racket and won. Not saying it was the best but it won't be forgotten!

In all this Pandemonium we've forgot that Kidderminster was a really good away game. We got to go to a ground we've not played at (not for a while anyway?) against a non league side under 2 hours away, we stood on a terrace, made a fair racket and won. Not saying it was the best but it won't be forgotten!

The cottage pie at Kidderminster came 3rd! :wink:

So many to choose from , for me wabaras goal v Liverpool was special as I was coming down the steps in the rocky next to there fans when it hit the net, and I caught eye contact with one of there deluded fans , the look on his face was priceless as I was going beserk screaming " get in you scouse bastards "

A wonderful moment, and it's also been great seeing positive things written in national press about our club, that's not happened for a long long time .

Finally to hear people refer to smithy as "the White drogba" , must be a chant in that somewhere

As far as an individual moment I'll struggle to ever beat the feeling that the Smith equaliser against Everton evoked.

But the overall highlight of the run has to be the Liverpool game. That's what we will remember and talk about excitedly in the years to come.

In any other of our 16 seasons in league one the bish bash bosh turnaround at the City Ground would be far and away a stand out highlight. We've been spoilt this season, even if I am tentatively checking where exactly Aldershot is...