Lets all go to Dignitas

I've been following Latics for 35 years, during which I can recount 5 seasons in which we had any success. But I've had the occasional wonderful moment inbetween when my bunch of n'er do wells, rejects, journeymen and such have put in a backs to the wall, David v Goliath performance - indeed we have had a couple of these moments this year alone.... And its THESE moments that have made me keep coming back. I was HOPING that these games would give us a small turning point. Assure our safety first, then spend some of this BONUS cash on building a team around the likes of Baxter, Bouzanis, Grounds and Wes. Now all I feel is disillusion and massive disappointment. We are a laughing stock now - we have lost all credibility - and so, my question - WOULD CORNEY HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF JUST LETTING US DIE 10 YEARS AGO with dignity in tact, rather than just let us whither away like an old man slowly losing his mind ?

I've been following Latics for 35 years, during which I can recount 5 seasons in which we had any success. But I've had the occasional wonderful moment inbetween when my bunch of n'er do wells, rejects, journeymen and such have put in a backs to the wall, David v Goliath performance - indeed we have had a couple of these moments this year alone.... And its THESE moments that have made me keep coming back. I was HOPING that these games would give us a small turning point. Assure our safety first, then spend some of this BONUS cash on building a team around the likes of Baxter, Bouzanis, Grounds and Wes. Now all I feel is disillusion and massive disappointment. We are a laughing stock now - we have lost all credibility - and so, my question - WOULD CORNEY HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF JUST LETTING US DIE 10 YEARS AGO with dignity in tact, rather than just let us whither away like an old man slowly losing his mind ?

I've been watching for 55 years, BUT unlike you I still love everything about supporting MY team, We are not about to croak, we are just poorly, if we keep taking the tablets we will be up and about soon.

Things could be worse, at least we are not Pompy or Coventry or even Luton town/ Stockport. I know that we possibly could be heading this way especially if Corney does pull the plug.

My question to you is would you have happily seen us disapear or have had those moments where you think. Yes, this is my club and wouldn't have it any other way?

For me I would have rather have had a club than be the man in the pub on Saturday that has no real interest in the results on sky or viddiprinter because he does not follow anyone. Beats being made to do diy or the garden!!!

If we'd have croaked then, we'd probably be in a similar boat to AFC Wimbledon or Newport County. It's going to happen though unless we get new owners with a bit of decent investment and a will to actually build a side capable of competing in this division. It's certainly achievable but looks so distant in happening.

I've been following Latics for 35 years, during which I can recount 5 seasons in which we had any success. But I've had the occasional wonderful moment inbetween when my bunch of n'er do wells, rejects, journeymen and such have put in a backs to the wall, David v Goliath performance - indeed we have had a couple of these moments this year alone.... And its THESE moments that have made me keep coming back. I was HOPING that these games would give us a small turning point. Assure our safety first, then spend some of this BONUS cash on building a team around the likes of Baxter, Bouzanis, Grounds and Wes. Now all I feel is disillusion and massive disappointment. We are a laughing stock now - we have lost all credibility - and so, my question - WOULD CORNEY HAVE BEEN

BETTER OFF JUST LETTING US DIE 10 YEARS AGO with dignity in tact, rather than just let us whither away like an old man slowly losing his mind ?

If he had let the Club die, you wouldn't have had the couple of those David v Goliath moments this year, in fact three if you count Forest. Not forgetting the wins against City in 2005 and Everton five years ago. We also had the pleasure of beating the current Greedy League Champions in July last year.

Having a Club to support in person for over 60 years has meant I am still a participant, rather than having become a TV observer. I feel that I have a duty to engage emotionally in order to impact positively on the team’s performance. To be in a position to partake in these experiences requires dedication and resilience.

Bill Shankly said: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

Oldham Athletic has always seemed like a family club, with staff/officials very approachable, and I have a deep sense of belonging. At times it has felt like supporting the team has been like one long fairy-tale. I do not see Boundary Park as the derelict hole described by many. To me, from the first sight of the pitch, and the feel of the stand, to the sense of history and tradition that are part of the bricks and mortar of the ground, being there is highly emotive.

It’s difficult to describe the adrenalin surges and emotional extremes I’ve experienced watching Latics, ranging from pure joy and exhilaration to the depths of despair. In the Play-off second leg against Leeds, I experienced those extremes within the space of about two minutes.

I despair at the players' failure to put in a shift consistently, when I have seen them show considerable ability. I hope someone can motivate them to get out of the current precarious position.

The Club has been mis-managed repeatedly over the entire period of my support and, if it survives, it can be guaranteed that it will be mis-managed again in the future.

It makes no sense to keep supporting it, through thinner and thinner times, but if it's in the blood, it's what you do.