England tonight

I think we'll finish top still. The 3 home games are must win which would put us above Montenegro but I worry we'll limp to another draw away at Ukraine giving Montenegro a chance to finish top....which they won't take. That's my predictions anyway.

2nd half tonight was awful. We looked to shrink under the hostility of the crowd which I can't understand. These players play in front much bigger crowds week in week out in the premier league yet to me, they looked not up for the fight. Technically, we showed for about 50minutes of the game that we were far superior but as soon as the crowd got up and Montenegro had a few chances, we shrunk into our shell, looked panicked, struggling to keep the ball to relieve the pressure, smashing the ball clear and not getting out quick enough to press the ball.

2nd half tonight was awful. We looked to shrink under the hostility of the crowd which I can't understand. These players play in front much bigger crowds week in week out in the premier league yet to me, they looked not up for the fight. Technically, we showed for about 50minutes of the game that we were far superior but as soon as the crowd got up and Montenegro had a few chances, we shrunk into our shell, looked panicked, struggling to keep the ball to relieve the pressure, smashing the ball clear and not getting out quick enough to press the ball.

They don't play in front of hostile crowds week in week out though, it wasn't just a section or two that was hostile it was the whole feckin home crowd, however I do think it affected them, how could it not and regardless of how professional and how many times they have played in front of big crowds I don't think, unless that you play in a hostile environment week in week out its something that you can play to without it having some form of effect on the way that you play.

I think there was a massive over reaction to the result. A 1-1 draw over there isn't a bad result at all, and we are still well positioned to win the group.

However, the first 30-35 mins of the second half wasn't good enough. Every time we play a half decent team we seem to take the lead and have a spell where we get battered until we concede before we wake up.

The players aren't good enough and comfortable enough on the ball to take the sting out of the game by keeping possession and keeping a good shape. We end up losing the ball often because we try to get forward too quickly and and up all over the place and out of possession.

We will qualify for the World Cup and finish last 16/8 like usual. And the press will over react like that its a disgrace that we are roughly only one of the top 8 teams in the world.

I think there was a massive over reaction to the result. A 1-1 draw over there isn't a bad result at all, and we are still well positioned to win the group.

However, the first 30-35 mins of the second half wasn't good enough. Every time we play a half decent team we seem to take the lead and have a spell where we get battered until we concede before we wake up.

The players aren't good enough and comfortable enough on the ball to take the sting out of the game by keeping possession and keeping a good shape. We end up losing the ball often because we try to get forward too quickly and and up all over the place and out of possession.

We will qualify for the World Cup and finish last 16/8 like usual. And the press will over react like that its a disgrace that we are roughly only one of the top 8 teams in the world.

Sums it up for me - England are a top eight team - hence why we reach the quarter finals more often than not and then fail to progress.

What is obvious to me even now is that Roy Hodgson is not the manager we need to get that extra dimension from the players. It will ever be thus until the next golden generation coincides with the next golden manager.