What does Matt Smith bring to the table?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simpson plays best when hes up top with someone else to do most of the battering and physical stuff he can contribue in that role but its not a massive strength. I actually thought we saw the best of him on the RW when he first came not a natural winger but he held the ball up brought others into play and got one or two goals. Now we seem to play him everywhere and he doesnt produce

I'm not being funny mate but Simpson doesn't bully anyone at League 1 level and you want him to play as target man?

Simpson has played 1 good game this season IMO (Forest away).

I would obviously like someone better to play as a target man just think simpson gives more than smith.

Last night I would have liked to keep Barnard on and play the way we did in the first half

I would obviously like someone better to play as a target man just think simpson gives more than smith.

Last night I would have liked to keep Barnard on and play the way we did in the first half

But we keep starting with Simpson and Barnard and we look as week as piss.

LJ should have changed it last night but he didn't.

We can't keep hoping those 2 will get it going because its not happening.

We need a change from the start.

But we keep starting with Simpson and Barnard and we look as week as piss.

LJ should have changed it last night but he didn't.

We can't keep hoping those 2 will get it going because its not happening.

We need a change from the start.

Am I the only one who thought we played very well in the first half last night?

I didn't go.

How did you think they played first half on Saturday?

Because after that 45 minutes they would both have been nowhere near the first team ever again, if I was picking the team.

The whole team played well in the first half and no complaints on my part but second half wasn't acceptable and in the end we got what we deserved

We're a fickle bunch. When he was banging them in during the Cup running we all loved him, but now?

I'm not thrilled that he's ditching us at the end of the year but if he lacks ability like a few in here are saying then we won't miss him & I can't blame a lad for getting a big contract elsewhere.

Everyone is a winner, so just back a lad who gives his best in a Latics shirt.

We're a fickle bunch. When he was banging them in during the Cup running we all loved him, but now?

I'm not thrilled that he's ditching us at the end of the year but if he lacks ability like a few in here are saying then we won't miss him & I can't blame a lad for getting a big contract elsewhere.

Everyone is a winner, so just back a lad who gives his best in a Latics shirt.

If Smithy stays up top and gets the right service he'd be a massive problem for em on Saturday and I hope he bags a few, keeping Latics up as a way of thanks for spring boarding him into the shop window and hopefully a successful career at a higher level.